Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Snake Bite FORMULA D PR

Team Snake Bite Puts on a Great Show for Hometown Crowd

Englishtown, NJ- Ryan Tuerck and Tony Angelo headed back to their old stomping grounds last weekend for the first D1 Grand Prix Event ever on the east coast. Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ played host to this historic event combining the top Japanese and US drifters in front of a large crowd of 6500 fans.

Tony ran his Mazda RX-8 flawlessly throughout the event weekend laying down some of his best runs of the year. “The car was working really well, I'm feeling very comfortable in the new chassis.” said Tony. “The track was setup for maximum speed and excitement, it was a total blast!” Team Snake Bite has worked very hard this year to setup the RX-8 to suit Tony’s driving style and it paid off. He set some of the highest drift angles of the event measured by D1’s new GPS real time data systems that allows the judges to see speed and drift angle in real time from the judge’s stand. Tony was eventually defeated by reigning D1 champion and current points leader Nobushige Kumakubo in the Top 16 bracket.

Snake Bite Teammate Ryan Tuerck drove his way to qualify in 5th place making him the top US driver in the qualifying round. His 240SX was on the mark as he set the highest speed out of the US drivers. “My car was running perfect. I’ve never had so much traction, these Bridgestone Tires are amazing!” said Ryan commenting on his high speeds. “I had a little issue when I broke an axle right before qualifying started, but my team was able to get me back on the track in record time.” Ryan finished the event in 9th place overall.

Tony and Ryan put on a great show in front of hundreds of close friends and family. Both reminisced about the “good ol’ days” running monthly drift nights in the very same parking lot. “Anytime we get to run on the east coast, it is very special.” said Tony “Being in the same parking lot that I began drifting in and the same lot Drift Alliance was born in, made the event almost magical.”

Team Snake Bite’s next event will be in Atlanta, GA for Round 2 of the Formula Drift Series held on May 11th and 12th.

YES SNAKEBITE!!!!

cottomouth creek toooo

Comment

Working...
    X