Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live: Formula Drift Atlanta

Formula Drift Atlanta Live Updates...

We started this with the launch of FD:SOLB and NOPI Drit:Miami... We might as well keep going for the season. So the above link will take you where we will be doing LIVE Updates from today till Saturday night when the event ends. Enjoy...

Originally posted by EverythingDrift View Post
    Hiro's in the "New" Saturn IS.

Eh shouldn't that say "Lexus" IS?

Poloroid is sponsoring Hogan huh..cool beans

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
      Eh shouldn't that say "Lexus" IS?

Poloroid is sponsoring Hogan huh..cool beans
      Sorry, was doing like 10 things at once.. LOL.. corrected..

More updates as of 15 minutes ago.

Comment

18 have moved on for Top 32 for tomorrows qualifying... See if your favorite made it. Click to read...
        Last edited by EverythingDrift; 05-11-2007, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Taniguchi was fast but not much angle. Miki and Hariguchi just can't seem to master the course. Foust, Forsberg, Dai and Rhys looked the best and I guarantee one of them will sit atop the podium. Turek, Gushi, Gitten, Angelo and Hubinette are looking good as well.

Something is different from last year. Did they start the grid closer or something? because I would have swore they were initiating alot earlier at last years event.
          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 05-12-2007, 07:11 AM.

Comment

it seemed to me that entry speeds were lower during fridays runs....but maybe thats people takign a little less risk as opposed to today...which i am leaving for in a few minutes.

Comment

Site updated. Qualifying is now over. We will see who moves on to TOP 16

LIVE Updates: Formula Drift Atlanta

Comment

Hubinette is unable to repair his car and is out, first time in 19 FD events he hasnt qualified. He broke a diff.

Comment

Saturday 6:00PM(EST)

Tanner Foust
                  Forsberg
                  Rhys Millen
                  Dai Yoshihara
                  Ryan Tuerck Are your top 5.

Others include Darren McNamara, Kenji, Casper Canul, Taka Aono, Steph Papadakis, Kazu Hayashida, Tony Angelo, Fleming, Tommy Suell, Bill Sherman, Gushi, and others. A few drivers are protesting, so the results arent final...

Out - Tyler Mcquarrie, Unser, JR, Haraguchi, Sam Hubinette... Full results coming as we get them...

Comment

Your Top 16 Are...

1. Tanner Foust - 98
                    2. Chris Forsberg - 95.83
                    3. Rhys Millen - 95.17
                    4. Dai Hayashida - 94.92
                    5. Ryan Tureck - 92.67
                    6. Bill Sherman - 92.50
                    7. Tony Angelo - 91.83
                    8. Ross Petty - 91.67
                    9. Taka Aono - 91.67
                    10. Ken Gushi - 91.67
                    11. Kenji Yamanaka - 91
                    12. Darren MaNamara -89.67
                    13. Casper Canul - 88.42
                    14. Kazu Hayashida - 88
                    15. Tommy Suell - 87.66
                    16. Steph Papadakis - 87.33

Out: 17-Robby Unser 87.66 , 18-Miki 87.33, 19-Haraguchi 87.00, 20-Tyler Mcquarrie 86.66

Comment

Update Saturday 7:30PM (EST)

Tanner vs Steph Papadakis
                      Tanner leads, walks away from Steph, Tanner leads 8 - 5
                      Steph leads, Tanner is on his butt, Steph cant shake him, Tanner wins

Ross vs Taka
                      Ross leads, good angle and speed from both, Ross is faster, Ross leads 7 - 4
                      Taka leads, Ross is super tight on Taka, Ross wins 6-3 / Final Ross-13 - 7

Comment

damn thats crazy. its funny how people can go from winning an event to not even qualifying the next.

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004 View Post
                          damn thats crazy. its funny how people can go from winning an event to not even qualifying the next.
                          Ryuji Miki and Haraguchi were both talking about how difficult it was to get the hang of the e-brake on the right side (LHD car). The track surface was freshly repaved, and a lot of drivers were having problems with too much grip making it very difficult to not only link the entire course, but get the entry just right on the downhill. not to mention the dramatically changing track conditions due to the weather!

This is the first FD event that Hubinette has not qualified for, breaking his streak of 18 straight events. Granted, it was a mechanical issue, but that's how tight it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                            Ryuji Miki and Haraguchi were both talking about how difficult it was to get the hang of the e-brake on the right side (LHD car). The track surface was freshly repaved, and a lot of drivers were having problems with too much grip making it very difficult to not only link the entire course, but get the entry just right on the downhill. not to mention the dramatically changing track conditions due to the weather!

This is the first FD event that Hubinette has not qualified for, breaking his streak of 18 straight events. Granted, it was a mechanical issue, but that's how tight it is!
                            Lets not forget Hubinette broke the streak as well. I love both drivers, but it is nice to see some fresh faces up there. Anyhow the points race is still anyones game.

http://www.driftlive.com/articles/thumbs/dl.gif

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                              Taniguchi was fast but not much angle. Miki and Hariguchi just can't seem to master the course. Foust, Forsberg, Dai and Rhys looked the best and I guarantee one of them will sit atop the podium. Turek, Gushi, Gitten, Angelo and Hubinette are looking good as well.

Something is different from last year. Did they start the grid closer or something? because I would have swore they were initiating alot earlier at last years event.
                              What do you know I was right, all 4 qualified top 4 on saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X