Drift Atlanta Judging Was horrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Atlanta Judging Was horrible

1. Vahn Gitten Jr. was robbed of a qualifying run because of the rain.

2. Taka Aono should not have qualified top 16. (edit)

3. I was rooting for Dai to win the competition but in no way did he deserve the OMT nor the victory over Casper Canul.

4. No way in hell Darren deserved the win over Dai.

5. Gushi did not deserve a OMT with Forsberg.

6. Millen did not deserve a OMT with Forsberg.

It seemed like the judges where looking for any reason to flunk Chris Forsberg out of the competition but he refused anything less than victory.
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 05-12-2007, 11:50 PM.

hell ya! go forsberg!!

Comment

Forsberg FTMFW!!!!

OP... U = FAIL go cry to someone else.

Comment

All you do is cry cry cry.

Jesus shut up.

Comment

All I have to say is you have NO idea what was going on BEHIND the scenes. If you AREN'T aware of what was happening, you shouldn't talk, especially badly about those people who were working their ASSES off to make sure that you had a decent time at the track!

-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post

2. Taka Aono is the most overrated driver in FD and after 4 years of seeing him drift in person I am convinced the judges show him favoritism.

3. I was rooting for Dai to win the competition but in no way did he deserve the OMT nor the victory over Casper Canul.

It seemed like the judges where looking for any reason to flunk Chris Forsberg out of the competition but he refused anything less than victory.
            I agree with the Casper comment. Casper faltered once out of 4 runs. Speedwise, Dai should have walked away from him and didn't, and I don't think Casper was fairly rewarded for staying as tight to Dai as he did. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

As for your other complaints.... you're on your own.

But this was some of the best tandem drifting I've ever seen. This year is so incredibly competitive it's rediculous!

ps - Let me know when you're judging an event. I'll be glad to fly out and sit in the stands, and tell you how you do...
            Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 05-13-2007, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post

2. Taka Aono should not have qualified top 16. (edit)

The judges were simply making sure that the crowd got what they wanted, more high quality Forsberg drifting.

Comment

you need to shut up.

guess what.
                complaining about judging and your opinion on an issue is going to do nothing.
                so why waste the energy?
                it's not like anybody cares.

Comment

I think everyone should get off this dude's case.

We've all come on this board and have complained about something that we didn't like. It's a message board ...that's what people do among other things.

If he felt the judging was bad then he's free to say so. By posting in this thread only to say that no one cares is contridicting yourself because you obviously cared enough to post a response.

You guys are telling him to shut up...why? Just because he's not a judge doesn't mean hes not entitled to have an opinion about what he saw.

There are a lot of drivers who dont agree with a lot the calls the judges make either...they just dont have the time to make a post about it. If they did are you going to tell them to shut up too?

Judging isn't easy...and as a result of that I think that they'll make mistakes in their calls...doesn't nessarialy mean that there is any malice or ill-intent behind it...but they're human..it happens. However that also means that people who catch these mistakes aint gonna be happy about it and they'll voice their opinion if they feel the need. It happens...someone shouldn't get flamed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                    If he felt the judging was bad then he's free to say so. By posting in this thread only to say that no one cares is contridicting yourself because you obviously cared enough to post a response.

You guys are telling him to shut up...why? Just because he's not a judge doesn't mean hes not entitled to have an opinion about what he saw.

There are a lot of drivers who dont agree with a lot the calls the judges make either...they just dont have the time to make a post about it. If they did are you going to tell them to shut up too?
                    You are correct in saying he is entitled to his opinion. And nobody really does care, the only reason i posted is because it's annoying and 90% of his posts are whining and complaining about something that is "wrong" in his eyes.

I'm telling him to shut up because he's annoying. That's really it.

Well you have to remember drivers arent going to post and complain like this. They understand from the beginning that after a call is made it's too late. There is no point in dwelling on it. But in the case of a driver acting like so, Yes i would tell him to shut up.

The judges did not make mistakes this event. They chose what they felt was best. There is no "right" or "wrong" in a JUDGED situation. It's whatever that person feels is the best choice. I was in the spotter's stand the entire event & i saw every call. I do NOT agree with all of them, but that's how it goes. It really just ends there, there's nothing else you can do after so why bother complaining on a forum?

With this i'm stepping out of this thread because it's going to probably turn into a huge argument that i dont have the time for.

Comment

Judging: the job where every competitor but 1 has a reason to hate you

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        Judging: the job where every competitor but 1 has a reason to hate you

I never hate any judges, I may question, so I know what I need to do to better next time. But I never hate any of the judges for their calls. It's not an easy job.

You can go ahead and hate Andy, Alex, Ken, Jacob, Ernie, Simon, Randy, Wes, or your local judges. But there are reasons why they make their calls, don't listen to your friends about why you kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Be honest with yourself and ask yourself what you could have done better. Ask the judges specific questions about what you did and why you didn't score well.
                        Last edited by BenR; 05-13-2007, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenR View Post
                          I never hate any judges, I may question, so I know what I need to do to better next time. But I never hate any of the judges for their calls. It's not an easy job.

You can go ahead and hate Andy, Alex, Ken, Jacob, Ernie, Simon, Wes, or your local judges. But there are reasons why they make their calls, don't listen to your friends about why you kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Be honest with yourself and ask yourself what you could have done better. Ask the judges specific questions about what you did and why you didn't score well.
                          I just said they have a REASON to hate you (because you didn't win). Doesn't mean that they ACTUALLY hate you....

Comment

Originally posted by PatAttack View Post
                            You are correct in saying he is entitled to his opinion. And nobody really does care, the only reason i posted is because it's annoying and 90% of his posts are whining and complaining about something that is "wrong" in his eyes.

Well you have to remember drivers arent going to post and complain like this. They understand from the beginning that after a call is made it's too late. There is no point in dwelling on it. But in the case of a driver acting like so, Yes i would tell him to shut up.

The judges did not make mistakes this event. They chose what they felt was best. There is no "right" or "wrong" in a JUDGED situation. It's whatever that person feels is the best choice. I was in the spotter's stand the entire event & i saw every call. I do NOT agree with all of them, but that's how it goes. It really just ends there, there's nothing else you can do after so why bother complaining on a forum?

With this i'm stepping out of this thread because it's going to probably turn into a huge argument that i dont have the time for.

Gee I wonder what most people come to a forum to do? Oh yeahhhhhhh, VOICE THERE OPINION!!!!!!!!! Many times stating an opinion an complaining are one in the same. If you don't like his threads or posts, why bother posting in them so they get bumped to the top? If he doesn't have the right to complain, why should you?

I agree with him about Vaughn though.

Comment

Originally posted by PatAttack View Post

No, they really do care. See the people that really don't care, aren't posting in here. You, obviously, do care. If you didn't, you would be hanging with the multitudes of people that actually dont care and not posting in here.

Drifting is a judged event, we all know that. It being a judged event, the judges have final say and that is that. Drifting.com is a website that has a forum so that people who don't agree with the judges final say can voice their opinion about it. For you to come in here and tell him his opinion is wrong and to shut his mouth undermines the very reason a forum exists.

Either give him a valid reason why you do not agree with his thoughts or opinions like a normal person would or gtfo. Telling him he is annoying proves not one single point or counterpoint that you are trying to make, just makes you look like an idiot. Learn2debate imo.

And the only thing I have left to say is FORSBERG RULES!!!!!! Deserved the win.

Comment

Working...
                              X