Drift 101: My Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift 101: My Experience

For those who didn't read it in the C16 Virtual Mag. My Drift 101 story is now up on the HTML site.

I am 110% Certain that sharing this with all of you will result in endless ridicule HOWEVER...it is my duty as a journalist to share my experiences!

http://www.c16mag.com/autostyle_item.aspx?cid=1407

Thanks again to Naoki, Taka, Hiro, and the whole Drift Day/Drift 101 staff

If you haven't done Drift 101 yet you NEED TO DO IT!

I think the site is down... And Drift 101 is a great thing a lot of people that jumps into drifting doesn't even know the basic driving. Im glad original Drift Day instructor are the ones doing it.

People should start road racing and get the basic racing lines and teqniques. It's hard to teach people when they don't even understand a simple thing such as counter-steering.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
      I think the site is down... And Drift 101 is a great thing a lot of people that jumps into drifting doesn't even know the basic driving. Im glad original Drift Day instructor are the ones doing it.

People should start road racing and get the basic racing lines and teqniques. It's hard to teach people when they don't even understand a simple thing such as counter-steering.

The link works fine for me. Try refreshing the page?

Comment

Awwww. I love it. Good job. I also love Taka. He has given me excellent advice along the way and been so nice to me since the first day I met him. He's awesome.

Comment

I agree. It's amazing the people that want to "bust a Drift" but haven't the slightest clue about the basics of rudimentary car control. Anyone that ever asks me about Drifting, the first thing I tell em is to do a Driving School. Even if it's a one day thing, do it and learn the basics before you even think of going sideways. Course, nobody ever listens to reason when it's contradictive to what they want to do at that very moment, hence all the good YouTube videos that get posted of people *Censored**Censored**Censored* over teakettle in the trees, on top of other peoples cars or upside down outside their neighbors house.

Comment

The first time I tried drifting was at Irwindale.

weird. The walls didnt bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
              I agree. It's amazing the people that want to "bust a Drift" but haven't the slightest clue about the basics of rudimentary car control. Anyone that ever asks me about Drifting, the first thing I tell em is to do a Driving School. Even if it's a one day thing, do it and learn the basics before you even think of going sideways. Course, nobody ever listens to reason when it's contradictive to what they want to do at that very moment, hence all the good YouTube videos that get posted of people *Censored**Censored**Censored* over teakettle in the trees, on top of other peoples cars or upside down outside their neighbors house.

For the A$$ clowns who go out and drift without knowing anything...I think Drift 101 would be good enough on its own rather than going through a different driving school first just to get to Drift 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                The first time I tried drifting was at Irwindale.

weird. The walls didnt bother me.
                Well there's something called 'TRYING' and 'DOING' it...

you were trying but wasn't exactly doing it.

Comment

Well there's something called 'TRYING' and 'DOING' it...

you were trying but wasn't exactly doing it.
                  oh hi sweetheart.

yeah I'm still TRYING.

one day though!!!! maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post

i need links to said youtube videos pls

especially the upside down over the neighbors house

Comment

oh hi sweetheart.

yeah I'm still TRYING.

one day though!!!! maybe
                      Go to Drift 101.

Comment

Originally posted by thao View Post
                        Go to Drift 101.
                        You're telling the wrong boyfriend, pumpkin pie.

Comment

You're telling the wrong boyfriend, pumpkin pie.
                          Har har

Comment

You guys are startin to scare me...

Comment

I've sent two emails to separate people asking them where/how to sign up with no response. It's been a few days, did anyone else have this problem when they were trying to sign up?

Comment

Working...
                              X