X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PREDICTIONS - FD Summit Point

Keeping the tradition alive...

5 different podium members so far.
    Not many people have seen the track, and I think only the DA boys have driven it. But there is some practice sessions this week (I believe Weds and/or Thursday)
    Dai says on his blog that the S15 is pretty solid, even with little seat time
    Rhys's car is definately getting dialed in quickly
    JIC / Casper / JR are all hungry to get back in the semi finals after underperforming at the past 2 events.
    Haraguchi back on podium?
    Forsberg's only lost to Haraguchi all season, in a one more time, and even then by just 1 point.
    Tuerck looked solid the last 2 events!
    Hiro in the new car?
    First final 4 for Enjuku? Sherman was looking solid, Unser was just .25 away from qualifying last time
    Ryuji Miki in his first FD tandem battle? he's struggled with the LHD car...

My top 5 in no particular order

JR
    Rhys
    Tanner
    Chris.F
    Haru

I still dont see why they just dont hook up haru and miki rhd swaps, like its impossible to find rhd parts for a FD and a 180sx

Comment

Drivers List

1 34 Tanner Foust Seeded
      2 64 Chris Forsberg Seeded
      3 9 Dai Yoshihara Seeded
      4 2 Rhys Millen Seeded
      5 33 Kazu Hayashida Seeded
      6 808 Ross Petty Seeded
      7 47 Ryan Tuerck Seeded
      8 11 Kenji Yamanaka Seeded
      9 7 Casper Canul Seeded
      10 69 Mitsuru Haruguchi Seeded
      11 8 Darren McNamara Seeded
      12 25 Vaughn Gittin Jr. Seeded
      13 22 Bill Sherman Seeded
      14 1 Samuel Hubinette Seeded
      15 16 Tyler McQuarrie Seeded
      16 21 Ken Gushi Seeded
      17 96 Tony Angelo
      18 86 Taka Aono
      19 31 Robbie Nishida
      20 4 Steph Papadakis
      21 48 Tommy Suell
      22 6 Todd Ho
      23 26 Ryuji Miki
      24 19 Doug Van Den Brink
      25 2 Calvin Wan
      26 76 Chris Cook
      27 36 Hiromi Kajikuma
      28 14 Chris Kregorian
      29 5 Joon Maeng
      30 99 Kyle Mohan
      31 10 Hiro Sumida
      32 15 Robby Unser
      33 619 Siego Yamamoto
      34 27 Ben Schwartz
      35 73 Nathan Brasz
      36 40 Ben Reyes
      37 24 Gary Simmons
      38 68 Gary Lang
      39 30 Steven Sueppel
      40 18 Tony Brakohiapa
      41 17 Aaron Losey
      42 95 Mike Peters
      43 98 Andy Hately
      44 65 Blake Fuller
      45 42 Casey Quillen

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        My top 5 in no particular order

JR
        Rhys
        Tanner
        Chris.F
        Haru

I still dont see why they just dont hook up haru and miki rhd swaps, like its impossible to find rhd parts for a FD and a 180sx
        both chassis were already built and tuned prior to the drivers being available. Importing a car and swapping everything over is too time consuming and risky to do mid season. You have to deal with the cage / chassis prep / paint / suspension (whole new alignment!) / vinyl / etc... and with Bergenholtz Racing still having obligations with Drag Racing, and Intec / Silk Road being a part of Falken (which means their car is on a trailer and away from their Seattle shop), it's not that easy.

I know Intec has a new chassis in the works, but it's not something that they can just throw into the mix in between rounds. It takes hours and hours of prep.

Comment

I predict the Irish fellow will do well on this course. As will JR. I think that a bit or a horsepower war is in store.

Comment

those who reign on top FALL. look at rhys and sam. haru had good luck at lb I dont think he'll make podium. its gonna be a new person this time.. not sure who but definately someone diffrent

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
              those who reign on top FALL. look at rhys and sam. haru had good luck at lb I dont think he'll make podium. its gonna be a new person this time.. not sure who but definately someone diffrent

If Cro-Cop and the iceman can get knocked out, who knows what can happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                both chassis were already built and tuned prior to the drivers being available. Importing a car and swapping everything over is too time consuming and risky to do mid season. You have to deal with the cage / chassis prep / paint / suspension (whole new alignment!) / vinyl / etc... and with Bergenholtz Racing still having obligations with Drag Racing, and Intec / Silk Road being a part of Falken (which means their car is on a trailer and away from their Seattle shop), it's not that easy.

I know Intec has a new chassis in the works, but it's not something that they can just throw into the mix in between rounds. It takes hours and hours of prep.
                I disagree,

I dont know about the FD but the S chassis RHD swap is so simple, and parts are available anywhere they sell front clips. You dont have to go out of your way to import a whole car. It doesent need a alignment but dont most of these drivers redo there alignments after each round?

Oh yea... I think this is going to turn into angle/smoke fest... who ever has the most angle speed and smoke will win this round seeing the course has a mean strait on it, kinda like the courses D1 runs these days except no passing which leads too much more gangster lines through out the whole day not just qualifying, with that being said i think haru and the other drivers I've mentioned will be the best bet for the weekend....

Angelo and Tureck will make top 10 again, Tureck is my wild card for this event. I will love to see Tommy Suell back in tandem as well.

Comment

I'm going home to go to sleep, because my car is 100% DONE. And even better, I don't leave for another 24 hours.

Things I won't have in the trailer for the 1st time ever:

1) Jumper pack or spare batteries
                  2) Gallons upon gallons of water

YAY

looking forward to this event. Car even got an alignment and a dyno tune.

Comment

I'm really supprized to see Bergenholtz Racing after the way they( Bergenholtz) slamed DRIFTING a couple year ago in the mags that they would compete. They were really down on drifting and made many slams that drifting was not racing and was just for a few want-a-be racers....

Comment

I see Yukinobu Okubo doesn't have a ride..

Comment

I think Chris Forsberg, Tanner and Dai are gonna sit on top of the points all year. I say Dai for the victory unless he's in a new machine then Chris Forsberg.

Comment

well after watching the practice session today.

all the top seated drivers and high horsepower cars will run the track. pretty much everyone had issues connecting the first two turns. some drivers were swapping out their rear-ends. looks like it is going to be a great comp with some intense danger!

the people who have been practicing are defo gonna have a leg up for the comp. people who just come for qualifying on friday are gonna be mighty frustrated!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                            I think Chris Forsberg, Tanner and Dai are gonna sit on top of the points all year. I say Dai for the victory unless he's in a new machine then Chris Forsberg.

dai will be in his S15...and according to him. its not much different then the s13...will definatly be a battle between him and forsberg. cant wait to see who comes out on top

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                              on his blog they said the new machine will debut at round three, pictures are on there, they tested it at willow...

My life is like oooooh la oooooh oooh lol jk

Last edited by Bebop; 05-30-2007, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X