• NOPI Drift Los Angeles

Too much good stuff from this event:

NOPI Drift Los Angeles: Results
    Chris Cook on the Roof at NOPI Los Angeles
    NOPI Drift Los Angeles: Gallery by Alison Merion
    NOPI Drift Los Angeles: Gallery by Larry Chen
    NOPI Drift Los Angeles: Qualifying Gallery by Larry Chen

A taste:

Last edited by d3p0; 07-02-2007, 02:11 AM.

alison and I were pole dancers Sunday afternoon

Comment

Accidents and crashes are definitely a part of all motor sports. But what accidents do is remind us all to continue to be vigilant in making safety a top priority no matter how big or small your event is. Many people complain of us at FD as being hard a**es about our tech inspection and course control (i.e. roll cage thickness, driver & media meetings, photographer area access, etc.) but I hope all of you can appreciate and understand why we do what we do. We will continue to be tough and strict and improve on making the cars and tracks as safe as can be for everyone involved.

Best wishes to Chris on a speedy recovery and return to the track. I heard he is already out of the hospital.
      Last edited by Jim @ FD; 07-02-2007, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim @ FD View Post
        Best wishes to Chris on a speedy recovery and return to the track. I heard he is already out of the hospital.
        He was back at the track 3 hours later, thankfully. As soon as he was checked out, he was asking the Nuformz team if they could fix the viper for Seattle.

Several cars at NOPI didn't pass tech the first time through, for the same reason Jim mentioned - Safety MUST be a top priority.

Comment

Working...
        X