• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Plunges Off Parking Deck:the man was doing a maneuver called a "drift"

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/13619463/index.html

POSTED: 5:53 am EDT July 4, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:43 am EDT July 4, 2007
    ATLANTA -- A car plunged several stories off a parking deck in Northeast Atlanta, seriously injuring the driver.With part of the vehicle still dangling, police are trying to figure out how the man drove over the ledge.The incident happened behind the Publix off Piedmont Road.The car plunged from the sixth story. Witnesses said the man in a red sports car was dropping off his girlfriend and then was speeding through the parking deck. Witnesses said they thought the man was doing a maneuver called a "drift" inside the garage when he hit the railing and came off the side of the deck.The man was able to walk away from the accident and witnesses said when police arrived, the man asked for a lawyer.Police are going to charge the man with DUI and reckless driving. He was rushed to Grady Hospital and he is in stable condition.

drunk drifting yeah that sounds like a great idea! People like this make all car enthusiasts look bad..

Comment

Drunk drifting in a parking garage in a Cavalier ("a high perfomance vehicle") none the less

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
        Drunk drifting in a parking garage in a Cavalier ("a high perfomance vehicle") none the less
        Man those Cavaliers, what do those things go for nowadays? I might have to get one since they are such awesome high performance drift cars, what was i thinking getting a S13!!!!

Comment

gotta love the media for twisting it around and making it seem like it the was drifting that caused it and not the fact he was drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
            gotta love the media for twisting it around and making it seem like it the was drifting that caused it and not the fact he was drunk
            haha, yeah. when they said drunk i was like "O thank god he was drunk" meaning, he wasnt just out there in a "drift" car trying to re-inact FF3 or something. And cavaliers are the hot ticket for drift cars theses days

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
              I sent the station an e-mail and invited them to our next sanctioned event.

Comment

That's pretty bad.

wait, HIGH SPORTS CAR??!?!?!!?
                WTF.
                Last edited by soultron; 07-04-2007, 01:15 PM. Reason: Little BoW Wow.

Comment

I emailed the correspondent and actually received a reply from him. I basically said his reporting was unacceptable. Here is his response:

Daron Thanks for the email....
                  But witness and police say the car was drifting and that's what I said!!!! We as reporters don't make assumptions now as the story develops we will of course make updates...But we pass on what the investigation is showing at that time.. happen at 3 on by 5 and giving you what in the police report....
                  Also Daron people say the car was turbo charged up...
                  So lets see if Police and Witness say and their is evidence to support it.... then isn't it fair to say that's what he was attempting to do... ..
                  it's not about my opinion... I know folks who drift that I've met in Raleigh and they have explained it... this man was drunk according to police and people say they seen him try this before... Now if he tried to swan dive and he couldn't make it--- isn't it fair to report what he was attempting to do???? ...
                  I strive to rise above the fray... one story one true fact at a time.. just the facts, just the facts!!!!!

Yes, those are his actual words. Don't reporters have to pass English classes these days?

Comment

didnt you guys see the car had rims and maybe a bodykit that make it a high proformance car.

Comment

Originally posted by Daron View Post
                      I emailed the correspondent and actually received a reply from him. I basically said his reporting was unacceptable. Here is his response:

Daron Thanks for the email....
                      But witness and police say the car was drifting and that's what I said!!!! We as reporters don't make assumptions now as the story develops we will of course make updates...But we pass on what the investigation is showing at that time.. happen at 3 on by 5 and giving you what in the police report....
                      Also Daron people say the car was turbo charged up...
                      So lets see if Police and Witness say and their is evidence to support it.... then isn't it fair to say that's what he was attempting to do... ..
                      it's not about my opinion... I know folks who drift that I've met in Raleigh and they have explained it... this man was drunk according to police and people say they seen him try this before... Now if he tried to swan dive and he couldn't make it--- isn't it fair to report what he was attempting to do???? ...
                      I strive to rise above the fray... one story one true fact at a time.. just the facts, just the facts!!!!!

Yes, those are his actual words. Don't reporters have to pass English classes these days?
                      wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
                        wow!
                        who wrote that email, Borat?? sheesh.

Comment

i want those seat covers.

i was worried at 1st when i heard this, then i heard it was a cavalier and couldnt stop laughing.

Comment

Don't make fun of the FWD High Performance Cavalier trying to drift drunk!!! DAMMIT!

Comment

Dont worry, i got a chance to have a interview with one of the local news channels and i set the record straight lol. The interview was much longer and obviously a lot go but out.... but im just glad they did mention that a FF car can't drift.

http://www.11alive.com/video/player.aspx?aid=75089&bw=
                              Last edited by DropTopDrifter; 07-10-2007, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X