Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass smog with an SR

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Che..._V-8_Smog.html

Read up on that all you Cali guys. There maybe a loophole.

Great find. some stations here fails you when you have colored silicone hoses or even chrome.

Comment

Damn, that sucks

My Nissan doesnt even have Cats.....straight pipe almost

Comment

That's beacuse you don't have any regs. lucky girl

But i read other states maybe adobting cali laws hahaha!

Comment

Actually we do but it depends on where you live in the state.

you guys just have waaaay too many cars down there. I guess thats good and bad

Comment

Good to know. Good lookin out Chas.

Comment

Cali wants to be one healthy state.

Comment

SR20DET will NEVER EVER EVEREVER pass smog in Cali! (legally)

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwalker
                  SR20DET will NEVER EVER EVEREVER pass smog in Cali! (legally)
                  Well i think its possible.

Motorex has made the RB26DETT legal. And whole skyline legal. So there is a way to make a japanese spec engine work in california.

I think, like the artical said. If we work with the authoritys we could get progress made on legal engine swaps. I really doubt the SR20 is that much worse emissions wise then the KA24, so thats really not the problem. Just all the paper work mumbo jumbo. Everyone keep researching. and maybe we can get some results.

Comment

I was thinking about it. And if motorex has made legal Skyline GT-S, with rb25det engines. And it is legal to swap in later model engines to a car. Like that webpage explained. Then maybe the rb25 could be made legal with less trouble, sence motorex has already made way for it.

Anyways best bet would be get a lawyer on it. Im no lawyer and dont have the money to hire one. but maybe someone can find a way.

Comment

Ah...One of the only good points of Florida starts to shine at this very subject. Smog laws. Oh yes. Florida.

Comment

not to burst anyones bubble but ive been researching this subject for a good bit of time and the outcomes all the same
                        cali sucks .

if it was as simple as having a as new or newer motor then the car it would have been done along time ago, but cali decides that the motor swap MUST be eligable for the chassis. from what ive read nissan would have to do a lot of tests and paperwork to make the sr20det elligable for the 240sx chassis. onlyway around it is greasin someones palm or have a car thats old enough not to be smog, or diesel .

oh and motorex legalizes skylines they dont legalize motors.
                        nissan's arnt the only ones with these problems... ive read that
                        the reason for the MKIV TT being all automatics in 96 was due to cali regulations.

we should all write the hancho who's in charge, he's foreign and we want foreign motors!

p.s. anyone know why we didnt get SR's in the first place? we got stuck with torqy SOB's that are a lot slower?

Comment

I was simply trying to mention a precident. If the skyline is legal, then the skyline can be smogged. If skyline motors can be smogged in skyline chassis thats a start.

And i dont consider the ka24 torquy, no where on its power band does it out perform the sr20, thanks to the sr20s quick spooling turbo. Its not like the NA KA outperforms the sr20 until a certain RPM or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo_r34
                            Cali wants to be one healthy state.
                            lol, TOO LATE. completely unhealthy state, it can never be clean. come to florida, everything goes and it's cleaner than cali, or new york for that matter.

Comment

SR20DET will not be able to pass smog in California. End of story. Questions? Talk to your local smog shop, they will explain to you why.

RB series motors passing smog? Questionable. Bend over for motorex first if you are thinking about getting your RB motor smogged.

NA SR20 and NA KA24, KA has more torque

SR20DET and KA24DET on 15psi, KA has a lot more torque.

Credit goes to the guys at Fresh Alloy

Two cars, one SR20, one KA24, both running similar setups, both boosting 15psi.

Nissanguy_24, go here \/

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2427

Comment

Working...
                              X