SCC Project Silvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCC Project Silvia

Who else thinks that Sport Compact Car’s Project Silvia is the most inspirational vehicle on the planet? It is the result of sound engineering with the goal of achieving the greatest possible fast density.

Fast density: (acceleration + roadholding) / (weight^2 + present value of capital invested)

Also: it is not-taking-prisoners-flat-black.

damn *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing rights man, the SCC silvia is the inspiration for whatever I ever do to a car. Best project, EVAR!

Comment

you've been had son. -->Shift_originality

Comment

Originality is indeed key. The concept of originality plays a key role in my decision making process, however, I won’t choose originality when making an original choice creates inferior results. I would say that at least some areas of the SCC Project Silvia fall under this case. The Garrett GT28RS “Disco Potato” turbo definitely falls under that category. If flexible power from a 2.0-liter engine is your goal and you don’t get your paychecks from IHI you’d be foolish not to choose the GT28RS.

Comment

When using the term “inspirational” to describe a project car I do not mean “I am going to build a carbon copy.” It means that I can use that car as a model or benchmark to compare my projects to and ensure that I am not making poor decisions that would result in poor performance.

I could also say that Walker Percy is an inspirational author, but that does not mean that I intend to start drinking six mint juleps a day. That would be unoriginal.

Comment

Working...
          X