San Jose Grand Prix Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Jose Grand Prix Recap

Today, first day of the grand prix. 3rd year running.

Hour by hour.. walking around, actually watching the races, this year. Also while inside I was just chilling with the Formula Drift guys, since Steve@FD hooked me up with the ticket. The drifters didnt come into the event until 2-3pm. They start driving @ 4:05-4:25pm.

Here was the line up.
    Dai - Rockstar S13.5 - Wasn't running as he wanted.. But no worries, not his competition spec car.
    Robbie N. - Sears S14, that Ben borrowed last round.
    Chris F. - Maxxis Z - The Drift Alliance team rocked the crowd this yr! Tons of smoke everywhere!!
    Tony A. - The Rx-8 - Same with Chris!
    Ryan T. - Red 240 - Which he damaged the motor(not sure) during the last run. Same with Chris!
    Hiro S. - Zombie Chaser - Broke something coming out of the hairpin.
    Taka A. - AE86 - Running well..
    Yoshie S. - White 240 - Nice seeing it for the first time in a while..
    Quoc Ly - Brand New 240 - Pink
    Todd H. - Green LS1 FC - Probably Hometown favorite
    The RETAKS Z - Drove ok. Tommy w/ the AE86 didn't make it..
    Calvin W. - Personal White FD. - New front end, same style, just new bumper.
    Dan P. - Cop Mustang - Tapped the wall, crowd went wild. haha
    Casper C. - In the Circuit City miata - didnt drive.
    Tony(drives the silver/blk/red mustang) - In the CC miata - didnt drive. The team finally got two of the cars running. The whole front end.. Hood& fender all into one big CF piece. Weighs 10 pounds at the most.
    Kyle M - White FC CC sponsered. didnt drive.
    3 more cars coming in tomorrow..

All this for a TEAM DRIFT competition..

I'll update it tomorrow.. Right now, I'm sun burnt. Can't wait til tomorrow! Pictures tomorrow also!

Guessing who I am? I'm the guy w/ the Fatlace hat on all day. Jarod even commented on it. Haha
    Last edited by VDMTom; 07-27-2007, 09:19 PM.

lol Im saving my car for sonoma hee hee hee

Comment

Here's a preview of what I got today..

Andy, RETAKS Z, is having problems at the end of the demo.. said he was losing boost at times..
      Hiro got his car repaired in time..
      Dan Pina was rocking! The crowd went crazy everytime he was chasing the cars, because of the lights & aggressiveness. He's one of the crowd favorites for sure.
      Daijiro was having difficulty w/ the S13.5
      Robbie finally came & wasn't running.. I think.
      Quoc was pretty good.
      Casper & Tony & Kyle, they sure put on a good show for driving miatas & well, what can I say about Kyle, he was doing great from what I saw.. Didn't seem like they'd have trouble..
      DA, was smoking it up! Nothing less expected from the team.
      Yoshie was doing pretty well at Turn 3, where I was at. She held a good line during a few runs.
      Tooddd! This guy is awsome. Putting a great show on for his hometrack.. Running it very close to the k wall.. Bay Area guy!

Comment

Working...
      X