Is this legal to run in NOPI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this legal to run in NOPI?

I didnt know who to email so I figured I'd just ask here as everyone kinda watches this board from time to time. What would it take to make this car legal to run in ATL?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv4ZG9VsReg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv4ZG9VsReg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_wM1JLvBh4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_wM1JLvBh4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

For specific questions regarding tech, contact Glenn Woods:
    nopitech@nopi.com or glennw@nopi.com

I'm not sure that the car can be made legal for NOPI... but since it's a convertible, you'd need a full cage as well as arm restraints at the bare minimum.

Comment

That's just a convertible corolla. Of course it is legal.

Comment

I'm going to speak to Glenn about it today. But I know we'll have safety issue of the car being so open.

I suggest that you use bumper car beams all the way around. That would be awesome!!! or a HUGE brush guard with a wench and maybe some "HELLA OR KC" light racks!!

But I will bring it up to Glenn and see what he says.

Awesome video by the way!!

Alex, You going to be in Chi-Town?

http://www.nopidrift.com
        Last edited by NOPI DRIFT; 07-31-2007, 09:21 AM.

Comment

oh i hope you will find a way to make that legal super 7 style kit cars are my favorite car on the road and i've always wanted to try sliding one around when the time comes that i can afford one.

Comment

The Liability of having an open wheel car vs a full body car is to great. We have to watch out for your safety so unfortunately we will have to decline your lotus as an entry.

We would really like to see a video of you drifting your scooter!!

I can see it now " FAST AND FURIOUS 4" FROM 4 WHEELS TO 2 WHEELS.

Scooters gone wild!!

http://www.nopidrift.com

Comment

Ya gotta love the "Hot Rod"...

Comment

How about if I caged it similar to this....

I promise that I'll bring a couple scooters too, just to make the deal more appealing. And the roll cage tubing would be scca legal size.

I'm probably just going to make the nationals. We will see how things are going around here.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer View Post
                  How about if I caged it similar to this....

I promise that I'll bring a couple scooters too, just to make the deal more appealing. And the roll cage tubing would be scca legal size.

I'm probably just going to make the nationals. We will see how things are going around here.
                  IMO... that should be legal

i see it as a miata without fenders....and there plenty of miatas in nopi

but thats just my 2cents

Comment

i would think if it will pass scca road race tech it should be considered passable by nopi or any other series with a similiar setup. What is the main problem that its not passing from? i would bet its door bars but im not sure.

Comment

i think the main concern from nopi is the weight and height difference. a normal car t boning the "locost" is like a truck hitting a small sedan. also the metal bumper support on the front of the car would be too close to his head. as cool as it is i would never feel good about letting it run with cars.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                        i would think if it will pass scca road race tech it should be considered passable by nopi or any other series with a similiar setup. What is the main problem that its not passing from? i would bet its door bars but im not sure.
                        I think the liability is in having the exposed tires

Comment

what exactly would be the problem with having the wheels so exposed though? they still have somewhat of a fender on them if thats the problem.

Comment

I would also think that if it passes an SCCA tech inspection for Road Racing, it should pass any Drift tech inspection. I see no problem with the half fenders as long as it's got the full cage in it.

Rocking vids Alex.

Comment

I saw you in your green car driving on the street recently, and all I could think was how you needed a handlebar mustache.

Comment

Working...
                              X