Test Day Clip of Hankook Tire / JIC USA Drift Porsche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Day Clip of Hankook Tire / JIC USA Drift Porsche

This was taken at the NOS center in San Bernardino at the parking lot course that Terry Henderson from Drift Buffet hooked us up with. Thanks to Cameron Keith for coming out in a short moment.

This was Tyler's first official test day and this shows the capabilities of the Drift Porsche. The Car did not spin out once as many have speculated as the car just wanted to make crazier angle and hold it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98GvlOzMBV0

There will be another test day very soon and we will be showing more footage from this very same test day. Please post up your questions here. Another short clip will be coming soon courtesy of Cameron Keith.

Good vid but jesus christ...maybe you guys should put some more weight in the front!

During some of those drifts it looked like both front tires came off the ground!

It looked cool when that happend but that has to make things difficult for Tyler.

Comment

This car is amazing! It is the fastest and most perdictable drift car I have ever driven, and that was our first test. Its only going to get better which is hard to imagine! The part in the video where the front inside tire lifts up is because the track falls away fast, so you catch air. The front is not to light. I can't wait to test it again.

Comment

here is long version video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzUYMdXv-m0

JON

Comment

Dope man! I can't wait.

Tyler - Check your email.

-Al

Comment

This car is going to prove a lot of people wrong! So many times I have heard things like - "you can't do that in a porsche!".....Guess what? TYLER CAN!

That car is 100% USDA Bad A$$

I predict triple digit entry speeds at Sonoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler McQuarrie View Post
              This car is amazing! It is the fastest and most perdictable drift car I have ever driven, and that was our first test. Its only going to get better which is hard to imagine! The part in the video where the front inside tire lifts up is because the track falls away fast, so you catch air. The front is not to light. I can't wait to test it again.

thats awesome that you were able to get a MR car to drift so well!

yukio - check your PMs

Comment

what is this car going to be used for though? i thought most competitions restricted cars to FR layout.

Comment

yall need to man up and be the 1st motorsports car to rock wheeliebars with 20'' swivel casters with spinners to keep the rear end planted.

yall still runnin 335's on back?

Comment

we are all doomed lol naw Im just joking the car looks great but yeah it need a little bit more wieght to the front

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                      thats awesome that you were able to get a MR car to drift so well!
                      Thought that car is a RR?
                      Engine behind the rear axel?

Comment

When complete I hope this project accomplishes three goals:

1. To prove to the masses that with proper tuning a predictable and stable vehicle can be made even with an extreme rear weight bias.

2. That drifting does require a load of skill (which Tyler has) - as opposed to the old, "hell give me my el camino and I can drift jurst as gud as thuse boys"... (sorry Peters)

3. That JIC rules for investing this much money into the sport that we love!

I love the car and I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeFuller View Post
                          2. That drifting does require a load of skill (which Tyler has) - as opposed to the old, "hell give me my el camino and I can drift jurst as gud as thuse boys"... (sorry Peters)
                          ugh, i really hated that car from a "if i could have anything to be competitive" aspect.

but it was sweet. except the *Censored**Censored**Censored* auto.

Comment

Good luck with your new car Tyler. I can't wait to tandem with a Porsche!
                            Hubert Young
                            KORE 8 Films

Comment

What kind of gearbox are you using? And off-topic, still instructing at Jim Russell? A friend of mine, Caleb Kenney, is racing in the Formula Russell series. Thought you might know him.

Comment

Working...
                              X