This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying 240SX....

Hey guys! I'm gonna buy me a 240SX, well hopefully...heh. But I just wanted to find out what stuff I should look at...as in troublespots. Things to look out for...and what not...whats good to look at. Oh yea which is the best model for my money?

Depends on what you are looking for, but if you plan on drifting you better plan on checking out the suspension.

Comment

Like what should I look for...don't really know much about cars. Like cracks...brands, or plain stock?

Comment

wee

okie dokie, first thing is first....depends on what you want, you want an S13? S14? or a 180sx?
        now after that, if you can find a 180sx or an S13 with SUPER HICAS GET IT! 4ws baby :> ....other than that it really doesnt matter what version to get, just get a 5spd :| please?

trouble spots are usually the radiator....gotta always watch out for that....unless your switching the ka24de to an sr20det....well yea radiator for that if your going to drift...if its going to be a commuter dont worry about that radiator, but if you are drifting and doing hard driving, switch the radiator, first thing to do

Comment

Check bushings, check ride quality when you buy any car. If the car feels like it's really sporty without any sporty modifications, then your ride sucks. Make sure the car is factory smooth. If it bumps around too much then maybe you should look elsewhere, or IM me since you responded in like .02 seconds "Apt107xquoc"

Comment

beep

for your first few times drifting you really dont want to worry about mods you have and all tha b/s, just be get used to the feel and then after that switch the stock suspension for something after market, TEIN, GPSPORTS, etc...but after you learn a little more and you get the feel for your car you can upgrade and start improving and just working with the car to figure out a basic pattern and set up for it, remember the stiffer you go the more control your going to have in thru the turn

Comment

How can I tell the differnece between the S13, S14 and 180SX?

Comment

HICAS or no HICAS doesn't really matter. The reason, HICAS is a sensor system that enables the rear wheel suspension to assist in steering. You are pretty much controlling the car with speed and suspension. HICAS might be good for road racing or SOLO or SCCA style events, but drifting, I say pssst to your HICAS!

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                  How can I tell the differnece between the S13, S14 and 180SX?
                  If you don't know then you shouldn't buy a nissan.

Comment

I wuv hicas

okie dokie, 180sx = fastback or hatchback, s13 = trunk (both run 1989-1993) S14 go from 1994-1998 with a trunk

Comment

OOh I want the Fastback.

Comment

beep

oh and if your drifting, try and find a model without a sunroof, reason being is that it is easier for the chassis to twist, without one means the chassis is stiffer and its easier to hold up to wear and tear

Comment

Yea I figured that one out...

Comment

Okay, S13, S14, and S15 all are the JDM versions of the US 240SX. Depending on which year the car was made will determine the chassis that goes along with the JDM Counterpart.
                            All the JDM cars have the badge Silvia, meaning Nissan Silvia (S13, S14, or S15).

In Japan, the Silvias are powered by a 2.0 Turbo motor dubbed the SR20. In the US, the 240SXs are powered by a 2.4 Liter non-turbo motors dubbed the KA24. Notice the 240 has a 2.4 liter motor and 180SXs have a 1.8 Liter Motor.

US Cars can be converted to their JDM counterparts usually with front clips and rear taillight conversions.

Comment

Yea I understand the 2.4=240 and how to convert them to the JDM ones...seen it in the magazines.

Comment

Working...
                              X