ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

photo documentary of my S4 T2 project part1 (56k no way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo documentary of my S4 T2 project part1 (56k no way)

I bought this car from my neighbor for a steal at $500. It had 120k on the odometer on the original motor, she was also the original owner. The car came equiped with an Autopower 4 point race bar, Recaro adjustable seat(hidden by a snazzy animal print car cover), Tockiko adjustbles and a K&N drop in filter. A big plus was that she had just painted the car, the cost of that was more than what I bought the car for too! The only downside to the car was the interior was a mess and it had a hot start problem.

Pics from the first day I had the keys.

My first mod was a Momo steering wheel I was able to get on ebay for $40. At the same time I added a FET quick release steering wheel adapter.

My next additions to the car was registration with a vanity plate, an Apex-i N1 and some s5 tail lights. Oh and I added the ever popular Pivot head light controller for that broken headlight look. Soon after this I installed the first item I bought for this car, some Cusco camber plates/pillow ball mounts. I also added a Cusco Shift knob and Greddy turbo Timer

After that I was able to get some 17x9 BBS wheels for $200 (set of 2) and some 15x8 Enkei's for $175 (set of 2).

With my only major power mod being the exhuast I thought this was a perfect time to get some baseline numbers. Off I went to the Dyno Shop here in San diego and put down 165hp and 138tq.

Comment

Since the interior was dirty, dusty and disgusting my next move was to gut everything I could. No ac, no heater no nothing that isn't necessary.

And thats where I am currently at in my project. I have an oil leak at the rear of the oil pan which I plan to get fixed next. I also found that I have a small leak at the oil cooler which I plan on fixing my self soon as well.

Comment

Items I have yet to install are: Apex-i El systems Black face tach, Apex-i first gen S-AFC, Weds Sport extended lug nuts to go on some extended wheel studs. I also have some DTSS eleminating toe bushings and some tie rod spacers that extend the wheel to wheel lock. Oh and I can't forget the Creeping Death FCD.

My next purchases will be some rear camber links to finish my suspension for the time being. An Energy Suspension Master Bushing Kit, fuel pump, injectors, down pipe and then a front mount and radiator soon to follow. This is all over the next year or so as I figure it. Mods not shown are 5 point Simpson harness and a roll bar camera mount.

I want to thanks those that have helped me through posts I have made and read. This is my first car that I have ever done any work on let alone rx7/rotory engine car. I am learning as I go and people on this site as well as others give me the courage to do things I haven't done before.

Feel free to post comments gripes or any hints or tips on my project to date or mods forth comming.

you can see full size pics here or here

Comment

seems imagestation is down right now.

Comment

i see lots of red x's

Comment

Good Job! the car looks awesome. looks to me as if youve done this before. Good luck with everything else! and for others right clicky and click show picture. most likely it will show.

Comment

this is my first build up actually.

Comment

here is board where the pics hsow up consistently

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=273011

Comment

nice

Comment

You from DAYGO also? same here. There's a meet coming up. Let's all meet up, I want to see your FC

here's the link to the MEET.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2190

Comment

if my car is running, we will be there. I think I fubared my battery monday. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by enrique
                          if my car is running, we will be there. I think I fubared my battery monday. :-(
                          I can't see the lines and #'s on your DYNO results. Can you tell me how much HP and tourque you got BASELINE? just wondering.

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                              I can't see the lines and #'s on your DYNO results. Can you tell me how much HP and tourque you got BASELINE? just wondering.
                              my s4 t2 put down 165 hp 138 tq

Comment

Working...
                              X