Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nopi Drift World Finals Info.

NOPI DRIFT DRIVER,

As you may have heard, NOPI Chicago has been cancelled. Due to the fact that there will not be enough time to promote a change in venue and date for round 7 of the NOPI DRIFT series, there will be no make-up date . After considering the input from many of you who have contacted us in the last few days, we have decided to make the World Finals at the NOPI NATIONALS, September 15th-16th, a DOUBLE POINTS - DOUBLE PAYOUT event. Initally, we required you to run two events to be eligible to compete at the World Finals, but with the cancellation of the Chicago event, we will only require you to have run one NOPI DRIFT event in 2007. We have approximately 35 tractor trailer size paved parking spots inside the drift pit area. We have approximately 60 drivers eligible to compete, and many of the teams come two to a trailer. I'm sure some may not make the trip. It might be tight, but I think we will have enough room. Once you register, please let Glenn Woods know if anyone will be pitting with you so we can make sure there will be room for everyone in the paved pit area. Glenn's email is glennw@nopi.com.

Registration for this event is up.
    http://register.nopi.com/

Your credentials, three weekend participant passes and support vehicle pass will be mailed to you. I encourage you to register early because registering a week before or the day of will mean you will have to pick up your credentials Friday at the event when all the vendors and many of the car show people are doing the same. Needless to say, it might not be a speedy endeavor. One bit of advice - NO MATTER WHAT - HAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS IN YOUR HAND BY FRIDAY. The "Will Call" line on Saturday may take several hours to get through. Having your credentials on Saturday means you can drive right in. If additional tickets are needed, they can be purchased Friday at the media center or as you drive in Saturday morning.

TRAILER parking and arrival:
    Trailers must arrive 10am to 6pm Thursday or Friday. No Trailers will be admitted Saturday. You will be able to stay all day Thurday or Friday if you need to work on your cars, but the entire speedway must be clear by 8pm each day.

Golf Carts/ATV and Support Vehicles:
    The "support vehicle pass" is supplied with your credentials. You will need to have your "support vehicle pass" attached to your support vehicle in order to enter Saturday and Sunday. Golf carts are permitted only if they are rented from SMI properties or carry a substantial insurance policy naming several entities. For information on this, contact Meredith Griffin at SMI Properties 704-454-1619. Golf carts/ATVs not displaying the correct credentials will be impounded by police and returned after the show. Support vehicles will only be allowed to go from the drift pits to the drift track via the Nascar track's north turn. Cruising the show in your support vehicle is not allowed, and if you are caught doing so, it will result in ejection of the vehicle. I am sorry about all the restrictions, but insurance and speedway regulations are very strict for this event.

DOUBLE ($20,000) PAYOUT - DOUBLE POINTS
    1st Place - $10,000
    2nd Place - $4000
    3rd Place - $2000
    4th Place - $1200
    5th Place - $1000
    6th Place - $800
    7th Place - $600
    8th Place - $400

Total cost to enter this event - $350 and includes 3 weekend passes (Driver and 2 crew)

It's always great to see some new 'non-endemics' getting involved in our sport. Moutain Dew came out to the Denver stop of NOPI and filmed the episode, which is finally all edited and ready to go.

It's the top one:
    http://mountaindew.com/mdtv/

http://www.nopidrift.com
    Last edited by NOPI DRIFT; 08-16-2007, 01:31 PM.

Yay for big payouts!

What's the payout for the series champion? With 200+ points on the line to the winner, there's several drivers who can take the championship home!

Comment

wow thats a lot of money.

Comment

jesus its going to be packed

Comment

Any word on if NOPI is going to do this again next year? Hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
            Any word on if NOPI is going to do this again next year? Hope so.
            We are not a fly by night company. We plan on doing this for a while. No matter the rumors anyone hears, we are here for the long haul. We've been putting events on for 20 years as of September and we do not plan on stopping anytime soon.

Comment

Jacob,

I could be wrong, but I thought they didn't do "championship payouts" since the "per event payout" was so big. I know there are supposed to be prizes, but not payouts.

NOPI,

Happy 20th!

Comment

Hey Guys and Girls, there is a Championship pay out on the Drifting.

Total Championship pay-out $10,000

World Final pay-out $20,000

With double points at the 2007 Envizio NOPI DRIFT World Finals presented by NGK, NOS Energy Drink, Hankook, and Drifz Wheels, there will be $30,000 up for grabs at one event.

Good luck to everyone and we hope to see you there.
                Last edited by NOPITECH; 08-27-2007, 02:03 PM. Reason: change

Comment

Originally posted by NOPITECH View Post
                  Hey Guys and Girls, there is a Championship pay out on the Drifting.

Total Championship pay-out $20,000

World Final pay-out $20,000

With double points at the 2007 Envizio NOPI DRIFT World Finals presented by NGK, NOS Energy Drink, Hankook, and Drifz Wheels, there will be $40,000 up for grabs at one event.

Good luck to everyone and we hope to see you there.
                  o0o0o0o sweet then!

Comment

ill try my best to come out there in the ATL i love the Dirty south lol

Comment

WOW!! NOPI sounds great! and the world finals payout encourages people to take part. +2 million for nopi. i would like to see this continue next year and so on

Comment

ONLY 4 WEEKS UNTIL THE WORLD FAMOUS NOPI NATIONALS!!!

MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!

2007 NOPI NATIONALS MOTORSPORTS SUPERSHOW 09/15/2007 - 9/16/07

Last day for Online Registration is 9/09/2007

Last day for Credentials to be mailed is 9/05/2007

Registrations made after 9/05/2007 must be picked up at Will Call at Gate 12.

http://www.nopinationals.com

Comment

Awesome. We gotta make a debut there...

Comment

How many spectators show up to this event? I heard it's pretty large...

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTBATTLE View Post
                              How many spectators show up to this event? I heard it's pretty large...
                              Last year there were 110K....I think that's what I heard. It's definitely somewhere around 100k.

Comment

Working...
                              X