Drifting with S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting with S2000

I am heading to either S2000 or 350Z stock 2007 model, I test drove both, I like drifting, but I like the look and driving pleasure of S2000, I tried to drift in both, 350z obviously drifted easier and better than the S2000. Is there any way of modifying the car a little or suggestions to get the S2000 drift easier at least close to the 350Z. If for example I got it and I waited or tried to put tries that are not new, or bald. Will it solve the problem, because the S2000 power band is narrow compared to the 350Z which gets most of its power sooner than the S2000 hence you can have more accuracy in drifting and flexbility. Torque here plays a big role, hence I think if you loosen the tires a little it's like getting extra torque on low RPM for drifting. Also I read elsewhere that putting sway bars can make it better for drifting as well as toeing the rear tires out (Toe out). Any other ideas?

your kidding right?????

talk to alex p.

he will school you on them new fangled s2k's

Comment

s2000's can be drifted with work. almost any car can. but 350z's drift so easily and nice completly stock. If I was going to buy a brand new car and use it for drift I would get a z over the s2k because after you drop $$$ on the car are you really going to want to drop $$$ to make it drift too.

Comment

SO true. I'm a big fan of the s2k but it does take some work to turn it into a good drifter.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
        X