Pick The Winners!! Fd Irw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick The Winners!! Fd Irw

Mopar is doing a little contest related to this, but it's fun to have our own thread.

I say a hankook car hits podium. Kenji is out to prove something at the end of the year, and Tyler kills it in the Porsche on Oval tracks (lots of practice at drift buffet!)

Also, I think Dai will be up there. He's on fire, and Irwindale has been his stomping ground. I see him doing better than Tanner and Forsberg (who have both struggled with Irwindale recently, although Forsberg has won there before).

I also think Rhys will be up there. He basically lost last year because of a Power Steering failure, I think the Solstice will tear it up.

For a wildcard I'll put McNamara up there. I hear he's got a lot of support coming from Ireland for the event, and he really stepped it up last year with a minimal amount of practice.

"I also think Rhys will be up there. He basically lost last year because of a Power Steering failure, I think the Solstice will tear it up."

Are you sure your thinking about 06 and not 05

But I will say this now because its so freakin true TANNER WILL NOT WIN AT IRWINDALE, he just cant... he will end up crashing into something or someone.... history shows, has he ever competed at iriwindale without a collision... only in 05 and he still got eliminated in the 2nd round.

My predictions

no particular order

Dai
    Fors (my fav for the weekend)
    Vaughn (angry po'ed drivers always do well)
    D-Mac
    Last edited by Bebop; 10-06-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

i wanna see ken gushi win. he's hot.

Comment

tyler
        ross
        V.G.jr

Comment

Well, Dai pretty much owned irwindale last year so I have a feeling he will make at least top 2 if not win.

Sam always does good at Irwindale too. That scandanavian all out driving style really works at irwindale. But without TV coverage, I don't know how he's doing in the charger so I can't be certain.

Comment

Tyler
            Chris
            Tanner
            Vaughn

I think rhys and Dai are ones to look out for there too. I am pretty sure rhys will be pushing hard and the car has been doing great. And Dai wants to beat Chris I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood View Post
              And Dai wants to beat Chris I am sure.
              Dia loves Chris...your crazy, Its going to be a Tie!

Comment

Dai
                Chris
                D-mac
                Ross

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
                  But without TV coverage, I don't know how he's doing in the charger so I can't be certain.

Oh believe me it's coming and you Formula Drift and drift fans won't be let down, the TV show is going to be good.
                  ESPN2 check your local listing November is right around the corner.
                  Mid November!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                    But I will say this now because its so freakin true TANNER WILL NOT WIN AT IRWINDALE, he just cant...

Tanner is going to turn into Teen Wolf and attack you for saying that.

Comment

have you people SEEN tanner drive irwindale?

tanner tanner tanner gets this one

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
                        have you people SEEN tanner drive irwindale?

tanner tanner tanner gets this one
                        ^ 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

Comment

Yeah tanner will own the whole podium

Comment

I would love to see Tanner do good at Irwindale. He's one of my favorite drivers. He seems to have really lousy luch there though. Even when he does great, someone hits him (which is what I think happened last year if I remember correctly).

Comment

This is going to be a tough one to call. To just pick three...

Dai has been in the running all year
                              Tanner my personal favorite. He is the most consistant driver and he needs a WIN this year.
                              Chris Forsberg has also been spot on all year and has finally got that car right where he wants it

However.... having said that... for Irwindale...
                              Tyler McQuarrie in the Porsche is going to tear the track up and close on his heels will be Conrad Grunewald who made such an impressive showing at Infineon in his Corvette.

I think this one will be decided by who makes the fewest mistakes or has the least mechanical problems... no matter what... it will be EXCITING!

Comment

Working...
                              X