Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When/How did you get into drifting??

I tried the search button & couldn't find any threads on this topic... so:

I was wondering: When/ How did everyone come across drifting??

For me: I remember, I was always into cars as long as I can remember. Domestics first, then I got into the import scene around 98 or 99 & I was really into hondas then... but quickly started to get bored of them... one day during the fall of 2002 i was shopping for a new car (I was looking at old nissand) & a friend of mine asked me if I knew what drifting was... I told him I had heard of it but I didn't know much about it... He showed me a video clip of Drifter X & Drifter XL on a race track drifting a long straight into a tight apex & I was hooked from that day on!!! haha

-alex-

Your story is almost the same with mine. I used to do alot of drag races and even alot more street racing. But suddenly I just fell that i had enough, that's when i start drifting

Comment

My love for cars started since before I could walk. But I was more into cars like Corvettes, Farraris ect. Pretty much GT and super class cars (which I'm still really into). Then (I guess about 6 years ago) my cousin started showing me clips of japanese cars drifing like mad. The ones that caught my attention were the 86's, mostly Ueo. The literally insane entry speeds and high smoke and angle in an old 80's car made my views on the JDM market change drastically. Then I ended up at the first official Irwindale event (I think January '02, I can't remember exactly) and I was officially hooked.

Comment

got into sprint cars from my dad in 2000.we both were always into imports...well one day at the track my freind told me that we could do this on the street..went to his house and watch this option video and some old other vids and i got hooked. i was only 11 then and i first was trying it in a old v6 mustang in the fields but i broke the axle then got a s14 for my first car and been doing it ever since.

Comment

i was into drifting around 2002-2003, Super Street featured some Drift cars (Taniguchi's S15 and Ueo's 86). i was like whoa those cars are different from hondas, and ever since then i was hooked.

Comment

Working...
          X