HELP! fellow drifter in need!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! fellow drifter in need!

A very good friend of mine has qualified for the Pro am finals in nevada this year, and is having some finacial issues making the event. he is asking for anyones help to make it to the finals!

Quote from Yvon:
    "Ok Guys. Private parties, Shops, Forum Sponsors.... I went all the way to California and worked hard to qualify for the Pro Am Nationals Final. I made it, but now I'm at risk of not going due to the lack of money.

What I need:
    - A trailer (I have a 1 Ton dually diesel to tow it)
    - Hotel/Place to crash
    - Coilovers (I have some coilovers on the works, but still is a maybe - What's up Dayton? whistle.gif )
    - Alignment service
    - $ for diesel, food, etc.
    - A shop/garage where I could work on my car (I have to fix some small bugs)
    - Tires!!! (225/40-18)

Any help would be very appreciated!! No help too small!!! There will be a lot of media coverage at this event, good advertisement! You can cover my car with stickers LOL..."

check out http://www.az240sx.org/forums/index....4&#entry458384

and please help a fellow driver work his way to getting his Formula D liscence!

i'm not trying to give you negative feedback but if you can't pay for stuff like food and hotel, then i don't think you should be trying to get a fd liscense. give others the oppurtunity to do so. fd requires lots of money to run even just 1 event.

BUT..... congrats on making Pro-Am and good luck!!

Comment

what part of the country are you comming from?

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004 View Post
        i'm not trying to give you negative feedback but if you can't pay for stuff like food and hotel, then i don't think you should be trying to get a fd liscense. give others the oppurtunity to do so. fd requires lots of money to run even just 1 event.

this is kinda true. lot of people last year had liscences but didnt use them, while a lot of people spent more money going to liscencing events because they wanted to actually compete, while people who had a liscence played the bridges of madison county limited edition shuffleboard while listening to all slayer station on aol radio and drinking jarritos instead of drifting and killing tires.

Comment

Doesn't pro-am provide gas re-imbursement?

and anyone know what the rental price is on a tow dolly from uhaul?

Comment

tow dolly (2 wheels) is $40 a day in texas.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm the broke *Censored**Censored**Censored* guy that is in need of some $ Yeah, drifting is driving me broke... But honestly, can anyone afford drifting without sponsorship? Who's got $3k to spend every event?

I don't think I should give people with less talent and more money a chance just because they have the cash. I did go to the proper means, sending potential sponsors proposals and what not, but we all know that this is not very easy.

I did this "Help Me" thing localy here in Phoenix, holping that some local shop would help a fellow local drifter. Garret, a friend of mine had the initiative to post this here, very nice of him, really.

All in all it's all good, I have pretty much everything arranged or on the works. I have already registered for the event and will see you guys in Laughlin!

- Yvon

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                while people who had a liscence played the bridges of madison county limited edition shuffleboard while listening to all slayer station on aol radio and drinking jarritos instead of drifting and killing tires.
                Hahaha... the mental image of that is awesome. ^^

I can't compete in Laughlin this year because I went Tony Hawk and shattered my collarbone. I hate it, because I was really looking forward to finals, and running more FD events next year.

Comment

I think it's OK to go out there with a low budget and beat people down who have more of a budget than the small fries. Maybe some sponsors will get the picture and actually look for some new talent. I earned a license last year and didn't do anything with it. AHAHAHAHA i drove my car out there from cali and got 4th. David drove his car out there as well and got 1st in a stockish corolla. Lance (2nd) and Justin (3rd) didn't use their licenses either but that's because they were sponsored by dunlop. It's funny how the four best drivers at proam didn't do any FD events this year.

Comment

You're in AZ? seriously. this is a local event to you. I feel bad you don't have a budget, but neither does anyone else. This is part of the game, if you don't have money, find it, or grit your teeth and get it done with pure determination.

Welcome to motorsports. It costs money.

Anyone passing through NM is more than welcome to exploit me for any and all local resources I can provide, except cash. My house, garage, tools, and friends houses, shops, and garages are open for whatever labor you need to get ready for laughlin.

Since you are in AZ hit up your local boards, and hit up RSW for help, I'm sure there are alot of other folks willing to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by BenR View Post
                      You're in AZ? seriously. this is a local event to you. I feel bad you don't have a budget, but neither does anyone else. This is part of the game, if you don't have money, find it, or grit your teeth and get it done with pure determination.

Welcome to motorsports. It costs money.

Anyone passing through NM is more than welcome to exploit me for any and all local resources I can provide, except cash. My house, garage, tools, and friends houses, shops, and garages are open for whatever labor you need to get ready for laughlin.

Since you are in AZ hit up your local boards, and hit up RSW for help, I'm sure there are alot of other folks willing to help out.
                      bring a tent and dont shower!

Comment

Working...
                      X