• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1gp

Jr won again?
    if so thats f'in sweet..
    Any other results/news?

is JIC S15 totalled?

JR killed it! some of the best runs I have seen at irwindale ever. His initiations at the end of the day were sooooo good and soooo gangster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
      Jr won again?
      if so thats f'in sweet..
      Any other results/news?

is JIC S15 totalled?
      You have any pics ?

Or the full stats ?

How went Fred Girard (R32 Skyline from Montreal) ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood View Post
        JR killed it! some of the best runs I have seen at irwindale ever. His initiations at the end of the day were sooooo good and soooo gangster.

So yes JR did win? the OP was question

thats soooooo f'in awesome for him if so, what were the rest the results.

i wasnt there, im in texas right now. i dont know anything. some pics/brackets would be awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by mox View Post
          You have any pics ?

Or the full stats ?

How went Fred Girard (R32 Skyline from Montreal) ?

Thanks
          I dont know names, but that hankook 32 spun in both laps of his battle if I could remember

That Purple 32 did a little better but still lost.

But they showed up and gave it there best so rock on

JR won

JR basically won that 5 on 5 battle also, eliminating 3 j drivers by him self.

Comment

Okay, so everyone knows there were 3 separate events.
            *Spoilers Below*

First day, JR didn't do quite as well as day 2. It ended up being between the top Japanese drivers. The final was between Kumakubo and Kuroi (sp?). It was a gnarly bout between the 2 with a total of 4 sudden deaths. Kumakubo won.

Next day in the morning there was a U.S. vs. Japan competition just for fun with the top 5 drifters from each country. In the end it ended up being JR vs. most of Japan. It came down to JR vs. Kumakubo as the last 2 surviving drifters. In the end Kumakubo took it.

Last was the D1GP allstars. This event was plagued with vehicle failures and had a couple of pretty dangerous crashes. In the end It came down to JR and Kumakubo. It went into a sudden death and Kumakubo got over eager and hit JR into a spin.

I myself and a bit urked with the outcome. Not that JR one, but that it was decided by a mistake vs. a solid head to head match. I can't complain too much 'cause it was an increadible 2 days.

Comment

I’m a bit confused… please clarify? Looking at the pictures on the pic forum, Kumakubo looks like he won. He’s holding the 1st place check & trophy. Besides, D1 would NEVER let a American win, if they can help it their way.

Comment

Originally posted by 310Ojisan View Post
                I’m a bit confused… please clarify? Looking at the pictures on the pic forum, Kumakubo looks like he won. He’s holding the 1st place check & trophy. Besides, D1 would NEVER let a American win, if they can help it their way.
                #1. D1 would let an American win. 2005 US vs. Japan.
                #2. Read my post to see full results of both days. I left a large blank with a spoiler warning in case some people want to find out by watching it on TV or something.
                #3. Keichi loves JR. Sometimes he's even a bit partial. Not to take anything away from JR, but many times I even question the scores Doriking gives him.

Comment

http://www.driftlive.com/dl/2007/11/...photo-gallery/

Pictures by Larry Chen of the Event

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
                    I myself and a bit urked with the outcome. Not that JR one, but that it was decided by a mistake vs. a solid head to head match. I can't complain too much 'cause it was an increadible 2 days.
                    If it was a clean straight up battle, I dont think JR would've even have won. Just look at that 5 on 5 battle, the first battler shouldn't have been a one more time. First run gave JR an advantage 5.5 adv, second run was even

OMT, both runs even steven.

Comment

Working...
                    X