Tankslapper Autosport Logo Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tankslapper Autosport Logo Contest

Tankslapper Autosport, the internet’s newest aftermarket parts supplier, needs a logo! The business will serve both the road racing and the drifting communities, but with an emphasis on drifting. My initial thoughts for the logo is the outline of a car in mid-drift, but I’m open to suggestions. I do want it to convey motion though, and it has to be something that could be put on a car, t-shirts, etc.

So why am I telling you all of this?

I am holding a contest, open to anybody interested, to design the logo. The prize? 10% off everything we sell (except Hoosier tires) for a year - starting the day of the official opening of the website.

For an extra special start-up deal, I’m taking 10% off the Cobalt Spec D1R brake pads (only $76.50 before tax for most applications) until I can get my website up and running. They are special order only, so be sure to order them at least 3 weeks before you need them. What makes them so special? The D1R is designed specifically for professional drifting competition. The pads offer high static torque levels with excellent cold initial bite, yet extremely fade free to withstand repeated left-foot braking maneuvers! You end up with brakes that bite hard, with the same amount of pedal pressure, every time you need them. You don’t use road racing tires combinations, you don’t use road racing spring rates, so why are you using road racing brake pads? Tankslapper Autosport is the exclusive source for the D1R brake pad, so order today by e-mailing tankslapperautosport@yahoo.com . Take your unfair advantage over the competition.

Thanks and Good Luck in the logo competition!

TankslapperAutosport.com (proud sponsors of NASA’s US Drift Nationals)

how do they compare to the EBC series of pads? (green stuff and yellow stuff to be specific) and Hawk? Never heard of the pads you are advertising.

Comment

how do they compare to the EBC series of pads? (green stuff and yellow stuff to be specific) and Hawk? Never heard of the pads you are advertising.
      Don't feel bad because you haven't heard of them. Nobody has, they are brand new. The EBC and Hawk pads are not designed to be optimal for drifting. Depending on which pad you choose from one of those two sources, they will either not provide as much torque (the amount of bite that the pad gives you when applied to the rotor), or will require some warm up before they give you maximum braking. Specifically compared to the EBC green stuff, you will have a firmer pedal, and more dramatic weight transfer. I have never used the yellow stuff pad, but from what I understand of it, it would require a bit of warm up before giving maximum braking. As for Hawks, it depends on the pad you use. Pads like the HP and HP+ won't bite as hard, Blacks and Blues require warm up.

Personally, I have used EBC greens and reds for road course racing, and hated them both. The greens burned too easily and wore away in a day. The reds didn't give me good pedal feel. I currently race in Honda Challenge on Hawk Blues (only because I can't get the Cobalt racing compound for my car - I have the AEM big brake kit).

Drifting and autocrossing call for attributes from a brake pad that no other form of competition, or even street use, requires. Therefore, no other competition or street pad is optimized for it. Since you are a new and growing group of customers, most manufacturers are not ready to commit to a pad specifically for your market. The Cobalt D1R is the first, but once it starts selling, others will be sure to copy.

Matt

Comment

Hey, Im interested in the contest... most of what Ive drawn drifting so far are FC's but i could do the more common 240's or silvias, or AE86... some of my drawings are actually in a thread here... mine are the second group. Most are on lined notebook paper, but I can do them on unlined too... i just have a lot of lined paper in my classes (where I do most of my drawing lol) My email address is Starfighter499@aol.com if you like them, or want me to do something more specific... drop me a line if u like them!

Comment

Hmmm, it didnt add the link to the other thread... oops, well, here it is:

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2406

Comment

You are giving me flashbacks to the stuff I used to draw in school. Mine were never that good though - I was lucky if people could tell it was even a car.

To be used as a logo that could be put on a car or a shirt though, it would have to be something more like an outline, than an actual drawing of a car.

Thanks for the post!

Matt

Comment

I could work on a car outline logo but that would take more time, so until I might possibly get a chance to work on that. . . please consider this basic option:
              Attached Files

Comment

Tank auto, actually you are a couple years late.

endless D-spec brake pads, available two years ago

sure, they're pricey, but Endless has proven race quality products. Excellent brake systems and coilovers. Never heard of Cobalts. Sorry. I'll stick with my EBCs. Thanks.

Comment

Cobalt pads were on the car that won the 24 at Daytona this year.

The Endless pads are for rears only.

Good luck with your pad choice, but unfortunately I have no plans to carry EBC products, I won't sell what I won't use on my own car.

Matt
                  Last edited by tankslapperauto; 02-23-2004, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the complements, Ill see what i can come up with for more of an outline... i have a couple ideas in mind for different lay-outs. Ill try to get one of them posted by tonight.

Comment

Ok, i toned it down a little bit, more logo-ish, not as much physics-lecture-doodle-esque. How many colors are you thinking to incorporate?
                      Attached Files

Comment

this is just another option for the first one
                        Attached Files

Comment

The second line is interchangable with the first... or something else could be written there... font was just made up. The car can also be changed. This one is based off a 240sx, but since i didnt bring a picture of one to physics class, i couldnt copy it exactly
                          Attached Files

Comment

Another car possibility... this one based off a S13 Silvia
                            Attached Files

Comment

And a close-up on the first car. these are all rough ideas, with a plain black bic pen on lined notebook paper... finished products would be much more... well... finished.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X