Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear coming to NBC

Article

I foresee the American Producers and soon-to-be cast F'ing this up by "improving" it.

EDIT:
    Bionic Woman. Knight Rider. And now....Top Gear? NBC, America's remake network, has ordered a pilot of an Americanized Top Gear. Expect to see all the usual Top Gear conventions, including three presenters; a masked Stig-like driver; a private test track; taping in a hangar before a live audience; and (probably D-List) celebs driving midsize cars. Unfortunately, you won't see the program's British hosts, Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond. And this is where it gets dicey. You see, those guys are the reason Top Gear is what it is. They're clever and witty, and they endear themselves to gearheads with segments like Clarkson's hilarious Peel P50 "review" (it's pasted after the jump). NBC's going to have a hard time finding US hosts who can replicate that vibe without being relentlessly annoying in the process. As BBC remakes go, we truly hope that a US-flavored Top Gear succeeds like The Office, but we're concerned that it might just turn into another Coupling. Thanks to all who sent tips.

[Source: Reuters]
    Last edited by Rhoad Racing; 01-15-2008, 01:53 PM.

They need Travis Pastrana and Rhys Millen... and maybe Alponso Robero.

Comment

Seems like a longshot of this being good, and maybe my ideas of stars for the show wouldn't work but it seems the best to me.

Adam Corolla, the guy from the old man show, not sure what else he's done. I remember a car show about him owning this awesome BRE 510. He would definitely be perfect for it being sort of a low budget actor.

Jay Leno, already with NBC anyway, and he is the american car guy actor, i dont think they can do an american version of top gear right without him really.

Not sure who else would work, but those would be some good choices i tihnk. To me they cant try to copy the original, just make something completely different and hope it works.

Comment

jay leno on top gear. that would be so cool, but i doubt it wil ever happen.

although he did talk about buying american the other day and his onlyreference he could come up with was snap-on, wait a minute.

does anyone into drifting have time to watch tv, or will you just watch the reruns on youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by soultron View Post
          They need Travis Pastrana and Rhys Millen... and maybe Alponso Robero.
          thats the last thing top gear needs. i say keep it just the way it is. jeremy, james, richard do it perfect.

Comment

Top gear doesnt pro drivers. It needs a couple of car guys that are are also quite funny and have a likeable personality about them.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbyStyle View Post
              thats the last thing top gear needs. i say keep it just the way it is. jeremy, james, richard do it perfect.
              I guess ya didn't read the press release.

Those three are stayin over in the UK and they're looking for hosts over here.

I'm pretty sure Tanner auditioned for this but I'm not sure if he'll get the gig he would be perfect for it though.

I personally think Sam Hubinette should be the American version of The Stig

Comment

i read it. i just was sayin those three guys have it nailed and i wish theyd keep em.

i say bring in tommy kendall, Tanner would do alright i think, and who the hell knows who would cover james's role. honestly, i wouldnt mind seein patrick dempsey in there somewhere.
                give Tarzan the Stig's job.

Comment

I am the Stig

Comment

I think Tanner would be a great host.

I'd also love to see Dave Coleman from SCC on the show.

In reality, the guys who do the 'Motorweek' TV show are good hosts as well.

Comment

My votes are for Josh Jacquot, Dave Coleman, and Tanner Foust.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbyStyle View Post
                        That was joke baby!

Comment

Working...
                        X