ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angelo and Tuerck Join Maxxis, Tuerck's new ride announced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo and Tuerck Join Maxxis, Tuerck's new ride announced.

Once again Wrecked Mag bringing the most updated drifting news.

Mooresville, NC (Feb. 21, 2008) Ryan “Hampshaa” Tuerck and Tony “Hurricane” Angelo have just announced they will be making the switch to Maxxis Tire for the 2008 Formula Drift Championship. Although they will no longer be running under the banner of “Team Snakebite” both drivers independently have chosen to make the switch after seeing the stellar performance the Maxxis Z1-Drift tire has proven to be over the last year of competition.

“The Maxxis Z1 Drift Tires is an amazing tire.” said Tuerck, “They last forever and hold up to the abuse of drifting with no chunking, no matter how hot you get them or what surface you are on.” Tuerck has also announced his new 2008 car will be a GM Racing backed Pontiac Solstice GXP built by his new team Gardella Racing. “I am excited to get into something new. I feel like I needed a new challenge and the Solstice GXP has brought that.” continued Tuerck. Ryan will be starting the year in a seeded position which is quite an accomplishment after the continuous mechanical failures that plagued him in 2007. “After getting some seat time, I feel the Solstice is going to be very reliable during competition, I know that the Gardella Racing crew will do everything they can to make this car competitive and reliable on the track.”
    This is crazy stuff, I'm really interested in Tony's progress for this year. This is like the first year he comes back in the same car. Cant wait too see what Gardella racing came up with regarding the solstice. And this is weird, 2 GM teams running diferent tires between RMR and Gardella?

Heres the full release...

Ryan Tuerck and Tony Angelo to Burn up New Rubber in 2008
    Tuerck Unveils His New Ride

Mooresville, NC (Feb. 21, 2008) Ryan “Hampshaa” Tuerck and Tony “Hurricane” Angelo have just announced they will be making the switch to Maxxis Tire for the 2008 Formula Drift Championship. Although they will no longer be running under the banner of “Team Snakebite” both drivers independently have chosen to make the switch after seeing the stellar performance the Maxxis Z1-Drift tire has proven to be over the last year of competition.

“The Maxxis Z1 Drift is an amazing tire.” said Tuerck, “They last forever and hold up to the abuse of drifting with no chunking, no matter how hot you get them or what surface you are on.” Tuerck has also announced his new 2008 car will be a GM Racing backed Pontiac Solstice GXP built by his new team Gardella Racing. “I am excited to get into something new. I feel like I needed a new challenge and the Solstice GXP has brought that.” continued Tuerck. Ryan will be starting the year in a seeded position which is quite an accomplishment after the continuous mechanical failures that plagued him in 2007. “After getting some seat time, I feel the Solstice is going to be very reliable during competition, I know that the Gardella Racing crew will do everything they can to make this car competitive and reliable on the track.”

Tony is equally excited to begin the 2008 Formula Drift Championship after joining Maxxis Tire team and renewing a long term relationship with Mazda. “I was blown away by the performance of the Maxxis Z1 Drift Tire last year.” said Angelo “When I was given an opportunity to run that tire on such a talented and promising team for 2008, I just couldn't say no.” Tony is looking to better his top ten finishes last year competing in his current Mazda RX-8 for the first few events of 2008 while he builds his new RX-8 with the technical assistance of Mazda and its motorsports division Mazdaspeed. “I'm very excited to be debuting my brand new RX-8 from Mazda,” said Angelo, “It will greatly exceed the current cars performance envelope, with a non turbo 3 rotor engine, revised suspension, and extensive lightening of the chassis; it will be a killing machine.”

Maxxis Tire’s 2008 Drift Team line up will be supported by Chris Forsberg Racing’s new support rig allowing the teams to have a central area for technical support and assistance with major repairs when needed. “This year, Maxxis has really made an effort to focus their resources on what will be their strongest (drift) team ever.” stated Angelo, ”I couldn't be more proud to be surrounded by so many fellow Drift Alliance drivers in this years line-up.”

For More info visit:
    www.FormulaD.com
    www.Maxxis.com
    www.DriftAlliance.com

Comment

Wow hopefully maxxis brings to them what it brought for chris last season, i've been wanting to see angelo on top but he just sort of lagged all last year.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
        Wow hopefully maxxis brings to them what it brought for chris last season, i've been wanting to see angelo on top but he just sort of lagged all last year.
        Last year was really his best year

1 top 16 finish

1 top 8

Thats good for a privateer, seeing he made top 16 once in 06 and 05.

3 rotor RX8.... crazy loud!!!!!!

Comment

as if drift alliance didnt have a strong enough presence spread out last year. this years gonna be sick. its funny how they all started w falken, and now jr's the only one still with them.
          whats the score with hampton? is he even still in the sport?

looks like maxxis is bringin out the big guns this year. i cant wait to see how things play out for tuerck. and im super stoaked to see tony's new ride.

DA TO THE GRAVE

Comment

Originally posted by RobbyStyle View Post
            as if drift alliance didnt have a strong enough presence spread out last year. this years gonna be sick. its funny how they all started w falken, and now jr's the only one still with them.
            Isn't JR driving for Ford Racing now?? I remember seeing that in the "JR's new car" thread . .

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
              Isn't JR driving for Ford Racing now?? I remember seeing that in the "JR's new car" thread . .
              Ford Racing, kinda like how Gushi was running with Ford Racing/Toyo Tires the past few years...i assume product/support given by Ford Racing, Tires, Transport, etc still by Falken (for JR).

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                Once again Wrecked Mag bringing the most updated drifting news.

This is crazy stuff, I'm really interested in Tony's progress for this year. This is like the first year he comes back in the same car. Cant wait too see what Gardella racing came up with regarding the solstice. And this is weird, 2 GM teams running diferent tires between RMR and Gardella?

Hey guys, thanks for the support! i haven't posted on this board in forever, but just wanted to say thanks, and we had a pretty good year last year, but Ryan and I struggled with car issues quite often, and this year have focused on have repeatable high finishes, and cars that we can push very hard. I personally have been developing last years car in the offseason, we added about 90hp to it, we will run a bigger tire than last year, and have focused on reliability, and overall performance of the car. I am excited to be able to just go out there and drive. Maxxis tires, and Mazda USA have really helped me prepare a much better program than i've ever had, and i'm looking forward to 2008! wish me luck!

PS, the new car is going to be insane
                Last edited by Drift Alliance; 02-22-2008, 04:01 PM. Reason: shut up
                -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
                www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

YOU'RE going to be insane.

Comment

thats so refreshing. im really wanting to see some more true sckoolers on the podium. i was super stoaked about forsbergs performance last year.

best of luck tony. bring the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Alliance View Post
                      Hey guys, thanks for the support! i haven't posted on this board in forever, but just wanted to say thanks, and we had a pretty good year last year, but Ryan and I struggled with car issues quite often, and this year have focused on have repeatable high finishes, and cars that we can push very hard. I personally have been developing last years car in the offseason, we added about 90hp to it, we will run a bigger tire than last year, and have focused on reliability, and overall performance of the car. I am excited to be able to just go out there and drive. Maxxis tires, and Mazda USA have really helped me prepare a much better program than i've ever had, and i'm looking forward to 2008! wish me luck!

PS, the new car is going to be insane
                      Saw you driving at ATL last season FD. Your car looked really sick and sounded amazing something like a tie fighter f*cking a rotary.

Comment

super sickkkkkkk!

Comment

Working...
                        X