ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robbie Nishida & Joon Maeng with Peak Performance & Hankook for 08 season !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Nishida & Joon Maeng with Peak Performance & Hankook for 08 season !

Robbie Nishida will be returning to the same Peak Performance S14 he drove in 2007 while Joon Maeng will drive the 2nd Peak Performance S14 for the 2008 season. Also both will be on Hankook tires.

More after the break... Joon's personal S13.5 was refreshed over the winter, but will be reserved for backup and demo duty. His competition S14 is the same S14 driven by Ben Schwartz for 2 events with Sears graphics, and was driven by Joon at the D1 all star event. Hankook will back both drivers, which should be an interesting change for both. We're excited what this new Peak Performance team has in store for 2008!

http://www.everythingdrift.com/index...=310&Itemid=30

from edrift.
    Last edited by VDMTom; 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM.

Crazy weird

Robbie was looked like falkens #2 driver coming off of US vs JP

must be a lot of $$$ involved in this deal

Comment

I think consistency may have been an issue as far as Falkens decision to part ways with team Peak Performance.

I am sure they will do well with Hancock as I believe they will be involved in more than just drift.
      Last edited by 110octane; 02-27-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Have you guys seen Robbies toe's before?

Well I have. Beat that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          Robbie was looked like falkens #2 driver coming off of US vs JP
          How do you figure?

JR, Haraguchi, and McNamara are the only 3 Falken drivers with a podium this year. Calvin and Chris Forsberg both won events while driving for Falken, and Seigo got 2nd in Seattle 2 years ago. Robbie's 4th place finish in Wall wasn't even when he was driving for Falken.

I agree that Robbie is a great driver, but I don't see him being one of Falken's top 4 drivers...

Comment

i wonder what robbie's s14 will look like.

Comment

i think what blaze1 meant is that Robbie was the #2 driver from Falken at that d1 event. With the large team that Falken has, Robbie was the 2nd best Falken driver at that event. He killed it for the most part.

Robbie is a talented driver, but like Jacob said, he is not Falkens #2 driver overall. There were other drivers on that team that did more that year (D-Mac, Haruguchi).

Regardless, I am glad to see that Robbie is going to be competing this year. By the last two events I attended (d1 and Formula D irwindale) robbie seems to be getting better with that peak car so he should kill it this year.

Glad to see that Joon has a full ride this year. Such a humble and respectful guy.

Comment

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and guess it might end up looking a little something like this:

Comment

Thats great news! Glad Joon found a great ride. The peak car has always performed great and it should be a great fit. Congrats Joon! Glad Robbie has a new team and isnt left out in the cold he had some amazing runs at irwindale last time I saw him.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane View Post
                    I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and guess it might end up looking a little something like this:

yeah probably. they should come out with something new!

Comment

tomm you's is weaksauce. nah just playing. you tell me to join these forums thing, but i barely do stuff on here. so you're basically like hecka famous on these forums?

Comment

no dustin.

Comment

Congrats Joon, you the man

Comment

Working...
                          X