drift El Camino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift El Camino

a friend of mine just told me about an el camino for cale across the street from him, for $500 I think it's a FR but it's carburated so it might stall when I drift, I jst wanted to see what everyone thinks, I always here about everyone trying to drift they're trucks and SUV's but the center of gravity is too high, I think this would fix that issue, I read the drift truck tread, so there isn't really any need to repeat what was said there, if you know any thing about the el camino that would hurt or help I would appreciate it thanks

what year, what engine. It is fr so it will slide. There are some mods to make it better like four linking the rear. Maybe go to year one and look at there front suspension components. I dont see why you couldnt get a good drift machine out of it.

One more mod come to think of it you can always go aftermarket fuel injection like Holly or Edelbrock.

Comment

Yes it could drift if you tune it right. Your going to have to cope with the extreme weight and large wheel base though. And it isnt necessary to conver to fuel injection...I actually had fuel injection and converted over to carb. Mostly because the TBI system on the Camaros are crap.

Sorry that I can't really help you out on how to tune it up. I dont know anything about El Caminos.

Comment

el camino = same year malibu/chevelle
        any parts for suspension you find for the one will do for the other. make sure it's low on rust and go for it. mind you, old school is a hard place to learn, but you'll be good if you keep at it.

Comment

Working...
        X