move to japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• move to japan?

Well,I've been thinking about drifting and how big the scene is in japan.The scene is getting huge here in the U.S. ,but for some reason I just seem to like the japanese scene better.So I was thinking about moving to japan and getting a job and tuning a car to take out on the week-end to tracks and the bay.But I'm worried about the fact that I can't speak japanese or read it.And getting a good job.So what should I do?

do you have any special skills that a Japanese would not have. Is there somthing special about you that would make you an asset to the Japanes population. If no how do you think you will secure a Visa to live and work in Japan. What I have just asked you is exactly what will be asked at imagration. You can come on a 90 day travle visa. What will you do for housing I have been here for 11 years and been married for 9 I still need my wifes folks to gaurenty me for housing. Right know your only chance is to be a school teacher but be prepared to stand in line because there are collage grads applying for the same position. Sure there are some exceptions to the rule but to fall off the boat and start a new life will not be as easy as say mexico. As for tuning shops you could probobly work on the end of a broom for about 5 years then maybe they might let you at a car. I have been in the automotive industry for more than twenty years and I had to prove many a time my expertise. I have made a name for my self and am aquainted with some of the best tunning shops in the country. Case in point I can ring up Yokomaku at Veilside right now and just kick it with him on the phone. This relationship didnt happen overnight. Infact you will see us both at the D1 goofin off. I know I might sound rude but this is just the pure facts. Do every thing in advance that you can before you make the jump its not all drift cars and geisha's. You need to know that forigners are not widly accepted as was the same for me when I fell off the boat.

Good luck its a nice thing to plan for and I wish you the best.

Comment

I was consedreing moving to japan, but after i visited it i found that it is so expensive, and if you dont know the language i wouldnt. But to find if you like it i would take a trip to japan for a couple of months to see if it is what you think it is. I was suprised, japan is really diffrent than the usa. If you are still in high school i would say try to go as an exchange student, i wish i had done that, because if you get a job and loose it you dont have to live out of your car or on the streets, and they would give you food and shuch, just dont put all your money into it until you find out exactally how it is.

Comment

.. wait up, are you telling me japan isn't make of candy and magic?
        what the crap.
        that's bull.

kidding.

Comment

Open up a Taco stand... They dont have taco stands in Japan. You'll be a millionare

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo
            Open up a Taco stand... They dont have taco stands in Japan. You'll be a millionare
            Thought of it

TACO s TOCHIGI

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo
              Then you have to pay tax to the Yakuza and Gumi or else you'll get screwed over.

Comment

I agree with DriftExtreme. Japanese culture is a lot different from American culture. The first thing you face is culture shock. Second, other than teaching english (which you need a Bachelor's degree, or they will not grant you a work VISA), your only other alternative is to join the armed forces.

Japanese business is not about backstabbing and money(well, not entirely) they are loyal to each other, and you really have to prove yourself. One of the faults of Japanese business (you can look at it as a fault or strength) is the fact that once a partnership is made, neither one backs out on the other. Most times, both companies fall together if that is the case. To get that kind of trust requires years. The Japanese are extremely hard working. For example, my friend had a Japanese born girlfriend who was in the States studying. She would make him breakfast, and lunch, and pack his lunch while he was eating breakfast. She did not stock the refrigerator. Instead she went to the market every other day to buy groceries, that way things were fresher. A lot of times early in the morning. She was astute about keeping the house clean, and about public mannerism. This was a two way street though. She demanded the same from him as well. I know that the four years he spent with her before she had to go back to Japan has made him a better person. To sum it up, the Japanese firmly believe that if you do something, you use all your abilities to do your best, or don't waste your time doing it at all.

Comment

Join the Navy. See the world. That's what I did...I'll be back out to Atsugi in about six months.

Comment

Word up Driftextreem and ______. I hear ya 100%. Japanese put realtionships number one. The company I work for tells me that all the time. I am so lucky that I had a really good Japanese professor in college. She taught us about rei, shitsureshimasu, yoroshionegaishimasu, and refusing complements. Along with other things like blowing your nose in public, eating and walking. I have just finished "Bushido" by Inazo Nitobe and that explained evenmore. I have a learning difference, so I had to work ten times harder than my friends while I was in college. I had to quit racing professionally, stop buying car stuff, cut my hours back from working at the shop so I could keep a good G.P.A. The only other people that I saw every day in the library were my Japanese friends. It takes alot of guts to go to a different school in a different country and study in a different language. I really admire the Japanese exchange students that come to America, totally cool mother*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ers. I have alot of respect for them, my best friend who is still in America is considered a slouch by his Japanese peers. However, this guy would stay up all night with me reviewing for an exam. My girlfriend did the same. I will be indebited to them forever. Truly great people.

Comment

Working...
                    X