Drift Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Tires

I was just curious what people are using for drift tires in the States. I live in Japan currently and drift 3 or 4 times a week. It seems everyone here has a particular set of tires they almost always use in the front and a range of sizes in the rear.

I drive a 180sx with a blacktop SR. I generally use a 215/40 17 high grip Potenza in the front like S-03 or RE-01 (not available Stateside, to my knowledge). As for the back I use whatever 215 or 225 width 17 I can find in the rear. I also use 205 or 225 width 16s and 205 or 195 width 15s, when I can't find any 17s. As tires here are very expensive, I never buy tires for the rear. Just whatever I can scavenge that has a little life left.

Just curious what everyone is using.
    Attached Files

I do it the same way here. I run a good set of grip tires in the front, and for the rears I run whatever I can find for free or cheap. Lately I've been buying kevlar belted tires for the rear since they dont tear up the car as much when they get ready to blow. But alot of times I just look for used tires from the tire bin at the local tire shops and run that (patch it up, whatever). For the rear I have 2 sets (8 wheels) of stock 15's. So most of the tires I use for drifting are 15's. In the front I'm running Kumho Supra 712's 255/45/17 (275's on the rear for gripping). Not the best grip tire or anything (lol) but I was on a budget. My next plan is to try the S-03's on my 17's.

Comment

I at the moment are using Yokohama road race tires up front...very bad for drifting. The tires came on the rims I bought so I thought I might as well try them out to see how they are. They suck...thats all I have to say. Hopefully soon I'll get some Kumho 712's or some dunlops FM901's.

Comment

They seemed to be working out pretty good last night you crazy mofo!! LOL

Comment

HELL YA

haha i agree he is crazy....the last run (comming down) was nice

Comment

Tires hmm

Front: Perreli Pzero's 50 series 205's on a 16 inch rim
            Rear: whatever i can find in a 205 "50 Series" 16 *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* the 55 series i have on there now never again will i go any taller than a 50 never again i tell yah.... never!

yeah the taller tire did not work good.... to much jump stick reverb *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*... whatever theyll be done soon lol...
            Attached Files

Comment

Post some pictures from your last run, but video clips would be better!!

Comment

damn I havent took drifting footage in awhile...hmmm...just wait I guess I'll probably take some more in a week or so.

Comment

you can get RE-01s if you want from Costco...

Comment

Hey wasap Matto! Costco is a good place, their warranty is very good. I ran over a nail once and they gave me a new tire!

Comment

Working...
                    X