Mr2 Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr2 Drifting

Hello everyone im only 15 , but when i start driving i plan on getting a 93 toyota mr2 turbo . I was just wondering if any of you guys have Mr2s and if so how well are they for drifting . I am new to the world of drifting but i think it is pretty awesome ! Thanks for the info !

THey have strong oversteer. Not the best drifters.

Comment

People say the MR2 is a really bad drifter. well its not a bad drifter, its hard to drift. I have a 94 MR2 turbo and took that on 2 or 3 drift days on an airfield. I managed to get it sideways alot and link a few corners up. i bought a 200sx for drifting now as my mr2 is quite expensive to thrash around a track every month.
      the learning curve of the MR2 is hard. its so much easier to drift an FR car rather than MR car but it is possible and looks very good when you can do it right. you would get alot of respect if you managed to drift one well. A friend of mine as a non turbo mr2 with no LSD and drifts it great. Dont be put off from what people say, its just that they cant be bothered to learn to drift.
      If you have ever seen the drift bible then you will see the MR2 on there which drifts great, sure the drift king is drifting it but he is only human too(i think)

Comment

man, i wanted a turbo mr2 alot before but the mr2 gts is just as much as an FD or something in the likes of that. 10 to 15 g's. Non turbo 140hp goes for less than 5 grand. I guess you could do a 3sgte swap, but it would equal as much as the gts version all in all.

Comment

You may want to check out this thread for some more info, and a physics-based approach to it:

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...hlight=boxster

Comment

Working...
          X