EDC number 1 driver beats Kumakubo at Round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDC number 1 driver beats Kumakubo at Round 3

Well what an event we had today at the Japaneseusedcars.com-European Drift Championship, awesome is an understatement and the title says it all.

Brett Castle today achieved what would seem to be the impossible by beating no other than Kumakubo himself in an awe inspiring Round 3 final at the world renowned Silverstone Circuit here in the uk. When we have the full event write up I will of course post it here but Brett and the other 13 european drivers that qualified done themselves proud today and proved beyond doubt that we have the depth of talent and infrastructure here in europe to take on the best in the world........and win.

The thousands of fans that flocked to Silverstone today saw an amazing attack by the top European drivers on the famous Japanese drivers who came to do battle. Considering Kumakubo and Tanaka have already driven Silverstone twice (05/06) our guys knew they had a fight on there hands and they came out fighting. Tanaka was taken out in the first top 16 battle by Irelands Allan Mc.Cord which must have left Kumakubo feeling slightly dazed, but all credit to Kumakubo as he came back with two very close wins against the 2006 champ England's Phil Morrisson and Irelands Mark Luney to take him into a head to head with our 2007 champ. Brett and Kumakubo only need to run the twice with Brett taking the win in what can only be described as a nail biting final with neither of the drivers willing to yield. Brett took the win on the narrowest of margins and both drivers congratulated each with hugs and hand shakes infront of the massive crowd when the judges announced the winner.

Today was phenomenal for European Drifting and proves that our stance on producing tough Drift battles at tough venues works, we strive to keep high driver standards and judging criteria and today proves the value we have on the world Drift scene.

Let's hope we get to see head to heads with some FD drivers in the future as I'm sure the battles would be something special.

Like I said today was awesome and all credit to Kumakubo and Tanaka for coming over and taking on the best drivers in europe in there own backyard, rock and roll Round 4 is all I can say

Glen
    Last edited by ; 06-02-2008, 06:32 AM.
Working...
X