Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD in D1

Hey,

I sorta remember the announcer at D1 last year mention there was going to be a new 4wd division. D1 rules ban 4wd drift cars though. I hope they do keep the 4wd idea

The 2004 D1GP Rules Clearly state no 4WD cars...

Comment

why would you want a AED in D1?
      i dont see the point

Comment

haha rhys millen in his evo would rippp the track

AWD drifts are bomb.

Comment

exactly, sidebyslide

it would be cool to see some 4wd drifting in D1.

Comment

Originally posted by sidebyslide
            haha rhys millen in his evo would rippp the track

AWD drifts are bomb.
            No the guy from RiverSide would rip the track in his white impreza wagon. The real JDM Osaka street style. But anyways 4wd doesnt below in D1 its just incorrect

Comment

Why wont they allow AWD? Is there any benifits they might have or do they just not like them? Hey Mrod Drift your from boston cool. It sucks living on the east side we will be the last to get drift tracks since everything goes down in california first.

Comment

Lol yea New England gets the shaft but i dont care, there is plenty of touge action up in the white mountains of NH so im all set. The less drifters around here the less cops and rice infestation

Comment

Yeah it will take a while for us to get some events but at least were not rice capital like cali Hey have you went to F1 Boston before mrod i might be joining a league there this march.

Comment

I've never drifted AWD so i dont know, but wouldnt it be harder for AWD to drift the slower corners? I know at high speeds they look real cool, but some of the tracks have hairpins that are really small and you go into them with very low speed, the AWD wouldn't be able to actually drift those curves. Anyone confirm or deny this?

Comment

I THINK the D1 GP should come to CANADA!.. specifically Vancouver, BC ... the true JDM capital of North America !. (cmon, you know its true!)

Comment

Although AWD drifts are super smokey and nice and sideways...they're really slow O_o they'll enter at the same speed as a RWD car yet exit 1000 times slower O_o. Thats what I noticed anyways from most AWD drifts I've seen.

Comment

you're right, it's hard to keep the rear motion going in a AWD car. but the biggest thing is that an awd can take a totally different line and it's very hard and confusing for anyone to follow such a high slip angle and still have grip.

Comment

Working...
                          X