SA R34 at Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA R34 at Vegas

So, the team changed the front suspension pieces back to ER34 for Vegas, right?

And they still got 4th place right?

Is this correct?

What is your point?

I don't think anyone said thats its an advantage thing but its against the rules.

well *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, if he kept the old suspension, he could have got first!

Comment

From what i heard they ran with the illegal suspension because they did not have enough time to convert the car back to the original suspension setup for vegas...and took the consequence of a $250 fine and loss their qualifying points for the event

Comment

Originally posted by Tola Chhom View Post
        From what i heard they ran with the illegal suspension because they did not have enough time to convert the car back to the original suspension setup for vegas...and took the consequence of a $250 fine and loss their qualifying points for the event
        I believe that's what happened. I heard something about paying the fine to run the car as it is...

Comment

ah, I see.

well if anyone knows for sure, that would be cool.

Comment

$250??

Thats chump change even for me, they fined Rhys Millen way more for broken tail lights.

I dont think the old suspension was really a advantage, just something takatori was comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tola Chhom View Post
              TRUE. There wasn't enough cushion time if something were to go wrong if the suspension was switched back to appease the Formula D rulebook. It was a wiser decision to compete with the car "as-is" and have a running car that already works, than it would have been to go ahead with the switch, and then compete. If a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g were to go wrong during the switch (say like..."oh snapp! We forgot to bring the so and so and now we can't finish the swap in time!"), SA Drift wouldn't be able to compete at all.

...so better to compete and pay the fine with a running car as-is, than to chance not running at all due to whatever unforeseen complication that may have arisen during such a swap.
              Last edited by courantcom; 07-15-2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                $250??

Thats chump change even for me, they fined Rhys Millen way more for broken tail lights.

I dont think the old suspension was really a advantage, just something takatori was comfortable with.
                ...definitely "chump change" considering that the entire team (driver, mechanic, and translator/manager) flies in from Japan for each and every event.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  So, the team changed the front suspension pieces back to ER34 for Vegas, right?

And they still got 4th place right?

Is this correct?
                  Didn't change the suspension. A brand new OS 88 sequential transmission was installed (broke it in New Jersey, but still was able to compete by using a borrowed one from Juan's white R32). The radiator and intercooler was also changed to brand new Koyorad pieces.

4th place, correct.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                    ...definitely "chump change" considering that the entire team (driver, mechanic, and translator/manager) flies in from Japan for each and every event.
                    I hope Formula D see's this post and will fine them more, say a few thousand..

250 is a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing chump change? 250 could be a lunch, dinner meal for my whole team on the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post

250 is a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing chump change? 250 could be a lunch, dinner meal for my whole team on the weekend.
                      yea...cuz your comming from NORCAL.

the SA team flys in from japan on their OWN dime. not sponsor money. the fine came straight from the drivers own pocket.

Comment

You have NO IDEA as to how much or how many other things they are making SA Drift do, or how much SA Drift already has done...$250 is just the "money" part. How much would it cost for you to swallow your pride in front of everyone?

Comment

And I am sure that team gets real hungry carrying around that couch for you

Comment

Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
                            And I am sure that team gets real hungry carrying around that couch for you
                            you mean "keyboard", right? ;-)

Comment

Takatori brought his A game to!! He was killing it!

Comment

Working...
                              X