TEAM DRIFTWORKS @ FORMULA D WORLD Championship, LONG BEACH Nov 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEAM DRIFTWORKS @ FORMULA D WORLD Championship, LONG BEACH Nov 15-16

After winning the European championship again this year, we received an invite from Red Bull/FD, and with the support of some sponsors, and the EDC (europeandriftchampionship) we decided to send our Driftworks JZX81 Toyota Chaser over for this prestigious event.

You may not know a lot about Driftworks, so here we are
    We are part of the small group of people who brought drifting to Europe. We've been building some of the most competitive and unique drift cars in the world for some time.
    We run one of the worlds biggest drifting websites and community forums, and supply drifting parts to over 50 countries.

After the let down we had with the D1GP world event at Irwindale a few years ago, where they messed us about with shipping our own S14, and then gave us a rental car that blew apart on the start line of qualification. We wanted to ensure that if we did this event, it would be in one of our own cars. Hell, it may still blow up on the startline, but at least we've got no one to blame but ourselves if that happens

The Driver:
    Ben Broke-Smith (known as Bonbon to his friends)
    Job: Driftworks sales manager.
    Special skills: Ginger rage.

Car: Driftworks JZX81 Chaser
    Power: 560bhp
    Tyres Federal 595RSR
    Suspension: Driftworks Control System 2

Small vid of Bon in action.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...9-fa1d9b66e53f

Anyway, I just thought I’d introduce our driver and car.. I'll be out there too, purely in a team manager capacity. We're looking forward to meeting some of you guys out there. We'll be the ones in the mushroom cloud of tyre smoke. Come say hello

Maybe I'll run into you again FATTTTTY

Comment

Are you coming over too, Phil? To watch?

Let me know what your itinerary is, I'd like to grab a bite with you, Bon, Glen, and the crew!

Comment

That car looks awesome!

Brian probably thinks its asthetically un-pleasing to the eye....

Comment

That car is pretty dope other then the stickers, looks alto like a street drift car from like Yokohama.

The other yellow R32 that's coming out from Europe though... that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is fugly.

Hmmm, how will these cars stack up to the big budget builds of the US.

Comment

Monkey - There is no need to much up this fine thread just to be a stinker. We can't ALL graduate from drift101!
            Come on!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              Monkey - There is no need to much up this fine thread just to be a stinker. We can't ALL graduate from drift101!
              Come on!
              I can do donuts ok!...I drive a dodge stratus!! Drift 101 is brilliant!

Anyway...I'd love to see you guys land some sponsorship to cross the pond a few times in '09.

I'd love to see this thing at Long Beach or Irwindale.

Comment

Maybe I'll run into you again FATTTTTY
                lookin forward to it dude

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                Are you coming over too, Phil? To watch?

Let me know what your itinerary is, I'd like to grab a bite with you, Bon, Glen, and the crew!
                Yeah I'll be team managing, and by that I mean trying to keep the heap in one peice, and Bons ginger rage in check

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                That car is pretty dope other then the stickers, looks alto like a street drift car from like Yokohama.
                It's not a car that has stickers on it for the sake of it. They pay the bills

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                The other yellow R32 that's coming out from Europe though... that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is fugly.
                R33 .
                I'm saying nothing .. Well other than that they are our rivals, so say what you want

Hmmm, how will these cars stack up to the big budget builds of the US.
                Well, Driftworks has built one of the most expensive and most technologically advanced drift cars in the world, and Bon has no problem competing against me in that.
                It all comes down to what happens on the day, but Bon is without a doubt one of the best drivers in the world, so it's going to be interesting .

Comment

Hi Phil!

how many test days do you have so your driver can get a feel for the course?

good luck out there!!

Comment

I think from the Thursday, but whatever is the same as everyone else

Comment

i have always loved this car!

Comment

Working...
                      X