Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanna go to Japan?

You know you've always wanted to go!!

Formula DRIFT Team Super Autobacs is putting this out there to introduce a few of you to Tokyo Auto Salon, the tuning scene in J-Land, and Japan in general.

The package includes:

- Airfare to Tokyo from the US. (based on flight from LAX)
    - Accomidation for 1 week
    - 10-Day Rail Pass (all you can ride JR-line trains and the bullet train)
    - Tickets to TAS (possibly be able to get in there for a peek before the public)
    - Dinner with 2008 Formula D Rookie of the year, Michihiro Takatori
    - Trips to at least 3 Japanese tuner shops
    - Trips to major spots in Tokyo (Shibuya, Harajuku, Akihabara, etc.)
    - Trip to Kyoto
    - Copy of DVD Video of the entire trip done by Dead Pirate Productions

* Prepaid Japanese cell phones available at additional cost

We are aiming to make this the best trip possible so we're aiming for a small group around 10 people. This is to keep things smooth and make sure noone gets left out in anything. You will be given 100% guided support for this trip so no worries about language/food/transportation, it's all handled for you. The package basically covers everything except food and souvenirs for and entire week. We understand some people may wish to stay longer than this or leave earlier than this and we will work with you on an individual basis to adjust pricing accordingly. We have also recieved requests to rent a car and take a trip to the infamous Tokyo Wangan and we are taking that into consideration as well.

Price per person will be $3,000USD

50% non-refundable deposit required to secure your spot! Payment accepted by bank wire transfer, check, and credit card.

Tentative dates would be: January 7-14th

Please contact roo@sa-drift.com with your name, age, and location

Ross, pay for me.

Comment

Lemme go!

Sounds like a good deal!

Comment

Edrift...give me 3000 dollars in stickers and i will think about it

Josh-DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

only if Takatori takes me street drifting

Comment

hahaha, if only I had any money to my name!

Any teams out there need a videographer for the 09 season???

Oh...sorry Ross, I forgot this thread is about J-LAND.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetcarz02 View Post
              only if Takatori takes me street drifting
              he prolly would in his sweet *Censored**Censored**Censored* USDM spec 240

and josh...im gunna stab u with a fork in vegas...

ok..i prolly wont

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                You know you've always wanted to go!!

Formula DRIFT Team Super Autobacs is putting this out there to introduce a few of you to Tokyo Auto Salon, the tuning scene in J-Land, and Japan in general.

The package includes:

- Airfare to Tokyo from the US. (based on flight from LAX)
                - Accomidation for 1 week
                Sounds great! Can you provide a little more information as to what possible airline, and what kind of ACCOMMODATIONS? Is it just ONE hotel room where everyone is gonna have to share, or will each person get their own room, or will each person get their own bed, or is this even in a hotel room? Are the accommodations even IN Tokyo? I'm asking because later on, you mention the need for a JR pass... All in all, I'm trying to say that $3,000.00 is a lot of money!!! (especially since you can book travel with your own hotel room IN Tokyo for less than $1500.00 right now) I think we all kinda wanna know what all that entails to in better detail.

- 10-Day Rail Pass (all you can ride JR-line trains and the bullet train)
                Down below, you said that the dates to be here are from the 7th until the 14th? Seems like 10 days is a little too much. Also, I can't seem to find the "10-Day Rail Pass" option anywhere...and on top of that, which rail pass will this trip provide for? http://www.japanrail.com shows that there are a lot of different ones available.
                - Tickets to TAS (possibly be able to get in there for a peek before the public)
                - Dinner with 2008 Formula D Rookie of the year, Michihiro Takatori
                - Trips to at least 3 Japanese tuner shops
                - Trips to major spots in Tokyo (Shibuya, Harajuku, Akihabara, etc.)
                - Trip to Kyoto
                Kyoto is FAR! It's like 3 and a half hours away...I guess the JR pass is going to come in handy here. ;-) Will the accommodations move to Kyoto for a night?

- Copy of DVD Video of the entire trip done by Dead Pirate Productions

* Prepaid Japanese cell phones available at additional cost

We are aiming to make this the best trip possible so we're aiming for a small group around 10 people. This is to keep things smooth and make sure noone gets left out in anything. You will be given 100% guided support for this trip so no worries about language/food/transportation, it's all handled for you.
                You can get around Tokyo during THIS time (Tokyo Auto Salon) with just being able to speak English. Lots of other English-only speakers are here for this event as well...don't be scared!

The package basically covers everything except food and souvenirs for and entire week. We understand some people may wish to stay longer than this or leave earlier than this and we will work with you on an individual basis to adjust pricing accordingly. We have also recieved requests to rent a car and take a trip to the infamous Tokyo Wangan and we are taking that into consideration as well.

Price per person will be $3,000USD

50% non-refundable deposit required to secure your spot! Payment accepted by bank wire transfer, check, and credit card.
                When's the cut-off date? Will this still be the price if anyone were to book travel with you on January 6th?

Tentative dates would be: January 7-14th

Please contact roo@sa-drift.com with your name, age, and location
                Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to dissolve your trip package offer. I'm just trying to squeeze out details so maybe everyone can see what kind of a deal all this is.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                  Sounds great! Can you provide a little more information as to what possible airline, and what kind of ACCOMMODATIONS? Is it just ONE hotel room where everyone is gonna have to share, or will each person get their own room, or will each person get their own bed, or is this even in a hotel room? Are the accommodations even IN Tokyo? I'm asking because later on, you mention the need for a JR pass... All in all, I'm trying to say that $3,000.00 is a lot of money!!! (especially since you can book travel with your own hotel room IN Tokyo for less than $1500.00 right now) I think we all kinda wanna know what all that entails to in better detail.
                  obviously it will be in a hotel. The full details i do not know at this time and will be presented as soon as i know

Down below, you said that the dates to be here are from the 7th until the 14th? Seems like 10 days is a little too much. Also, I can't seem to find the "10-Day Rail Pass" option anywhere...and on top of that, which rail pass will this trip provide for? http://www.japanrail.com shows that there are a lot of different ones available.
                  i noticed what you were talking about...i will contact Roo and let him know. thanks. the pass the trip goers will be receivng will be the JR line pass...for all of japan

Kyoto is FAR! It's like 3 and a half hours away...I guess the JR pass is going to come in handy here. ;-) Will the accommodations move to Kyoto for a night?
                  those details i do not know yet, and will be addressed soon

You can get around Tokyo during THIS time (Tokyo Auto Salon) with just being able to speak English. Lots of other English-only speakers are here for this event as well...don't be scared!
                  ok...but not all the all other shops speak english, ordering food, and other things in the area that DONT speak english. not all the drivers speak english either. so having a translator is a good thing

When's the cut-off date? Will this still be the price if anyone were to book travel with you on January 6th?
                  i believe the price will still be the same

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to dissolve your trip package offer. I'm just trying to squeeze out details so maybe everyone can see what kind of a deal all this is.
                  well thanks for trying

Comment

obviously it will be in a hotel. The full details i do not know at this time and will be presented as soon as i know
                    ...obviously you've never been to Japan. Stick a letter "s" in the spelling of "hotel", and you get a "hostel". There's a lot of those... I would hate having to pay all this money and then find myself booked in a hostel that I would then have to share with everyone else that booked this kind of trip through you.

i noticed what you were talking about...i will contact Roo and let him know. thanks. the pass the trip goers will be receivng will be the JR line pass...for all of japan
                    ...more than likely, just the basic one, correct? There's a "green" one.

those details i do not know yet, and will be addressed soon

ok...but not all the all other shops speak english, ordering food, and other things in the area that DONT speak english. not all the drivers speak english either. so having a translator is a good thing
                    Yes, having a translator is a good thing.

i believe the price will still be the same

well thanks for trying
                    I sense that you're somewhat upset with the questions I have asked... Don't be mad at me if I'm trying to find out more details about your public post. After all, I'm just asking very basic GED style questions about this trip.

Comment

im not upset about the comments. i was told to post the info that was given to me by Roo.

more details will come as everything gets close.

i am almost positive we will not be stay in a hostel

Comment

Sounds great! Can you provide a little more information as to what possible airline, and what kind of ACCOMMODATIONS? Is it just ONE hotel room where everyone is gonna have to share, or will each person get their own room, or will each person get their own bed, or is this even in a hotel room? Are the accommodations even IN Tokyo? I'm asking because later on, you mention the need for a JR pass...
                        We're aiming to use ANA as far as airlines but that depends on the quantity going. (other possibilities include United, Korean, and Thai, however, ANA is what we will try to use)

The hotels will be individual hotel rooms, when in Tokyo, shared Japanese-style Ryokan in Kyoto. (usually 4~5 people per room comfortably, assuming we fill up all 10 spots, more than 1 will be neccesary especially if there are any couples/females coming) BTW, these are safe, clean and comfortable hotels, not hostels.

BTW, TAS is actually not in Tokyo, it's in Chiba. (30~40 mins outside Tokyo by train) We will stay in Tokyo the first and last part of the trip, NOT in Chiba, as there is really not much to do there once TAS has closed its doors.

JR- EAST Rail 10 day Pass - Easiest to use and it allows free travel on all JR lines including the bullet trains. (which will be used to go to Kyoto) The bullet train ride to and from Kyoto makes the use of the 10 day passes the most ideal and if anyone wishes to stay a few days later, they are still able to get around for free. The green passes are extra money and many of the trains we use don't even have green cars so there is very little merit to getting a green pass.

Yes, it takes a little more than 3 hours. We will stay 1 or 2 nights in Kyoto as there are several shops in the Kansai region as well as the beautiful temples to explore.

We're gathering information from each person as I type this and once we reach 5, we will vote on the shops to visit and any addition places to go and things to do. Once that is done we'll have a more set schedule.

There are alot of foreigners at the event but outside the event, even in Tokyo, it's not easy to get around if you don't speak the language. Lots of Japanese from other parts of Japan have enough trouble navigating the train system in Tokyo as well as finding where they need to go. It's not an issue of being scared as Japan is a very safe country, it' s more an issue of saving lots of time figuring out where you are and how to get where you're going, knowing where to go, what to eat, etc.

For example, you'd most likely spend more money and spend an entire day trying to navigate your way to a shop like Top Secret in Chiba. With us, you could hit up two shops in the same day as well as any interesting places/sites nearby there. Basically, you'll get more done with less money and enjoy the trip far more.

One person has expressed that they wish to visit an UpGarage or a Hasegawa. (Used parts stores) I'm pretty sure we can accomodate that as I'm pretty sure several of you would be interested in going. Now if he tried to visit one on his own, I can guarantee he'd spend more time trying to figure out how to get there than we would just going there. If there is something there he wants to buy, how will he be able to ask for details about it? What if it's too big to bring home on the flight? We can handle all that

Basically, we want everyone to have fun, see the places they want to see, and be able to do everything they want to do without worrying. On top of that, not having to video everything yourself (or yourself) and making friends with new people in this small group will make for a memorable trip.

There is no specific cutoff date and we will try to accomodate anyone that wants to go before the departure date (though we are aiming for 10 people max here as more than that would lessen the quality of the experience for everyone) but booking travel after December 15 may increase the price slightly as last minute booking does get more expensive and this is a peak time of the year for airlines.

Understood, once we have the airline hotel specifics worked out, we will post the details here as well as on our website, www.sa-drift.com
                        Last edited by sa-drift.com; 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sa-drift.com View Post
                          We're aiming to use ANA as far as airlines but that depends on the quantity going. (other possibilities include United, Korean, and Thai, however, ANA is what we will try to use)

The hotels will be individual hotel rooms, when in Tokyo, shared Japanese-style Ryokan in Kyoto. (usually 4~5 people per room comfortably, assuming we fill up all 10 spots, more than 1 will be neccesary especially if there are any couples/females coming) BTW, these are safe, clean and comfortable hotels, not hostels.

BTW, TAS is actually not in Tokyo, it's in Chiba. (30~40 mins outside Tokyo by train) We will stay in Tokyo the first and last part of the trip, NOT in Chiba, as there is really not much to do there once TAS has closed its doors.

JR- EAST Rail 10 day Pass - Easiest to use and it allows free travel on all JR lines including the bullet trains. (which will be used to go to Kyoto) The bullet train ride to and from Kyoto makes the use of the 10 day passes the most ideal and if anyone wishes to stay a few days later, they are still able to get around for free. The green passes are extra money and many of the trains we use don't even have green cars so there is very little merit to getting a green pass.

Yes, it takes a little more than 3 hours. We will stay 1 or 2 nights in Kyoto as there are several shops in the Kansai region as well as the beautiful temples to explore.

We're gathering information from each person as I type this and once we reach 5, we will vote on the shops to visit and any addition places to go and things to do. Once that is done we'll have a more set schedule.

There are alot of foreigners at the event but outside the event, even in Tokyo, it's not easy to get around if you don't speak the language. Lots of Japanese from other parts of Japan have enough trouble navigating the train system in Tokyo as well as finding where they need to go. It's not an issue of being scared as Japan is a very safe country, it' s more an issue of saving lots of time figuring out where you are and how to get where you're going, knowing where to go, what to eat, etc.

For example, you'd most likely spend more money and spend an entire day trying to navigate your way to a shop like Top Secret in Chiba. With us, you could hit up two shops in the same day as well as any interesting places/sites nearby there. Basically, you'll get more done with less money and enjoy the trip far more.

One person has expressed that they wish to visit an UpGarage or a Hasegawa. (Used parts stores) I'm pretty sure we can accomodate that as I'm pretty sure several of you would be interested in going. Now if he tried to visit one on his own, I can guarantee he'd spend more time trying to figure out how to get there than we would just going there. If there is something there he wants to buy, how will he be able to ask for details about it? What if it's too big to bring home on the flight? We can handle all that

Basically, we want everyone to have fun, see the places they want to see, and be able to do everything they want to do without worrying. On top of that, not having to video everything yourself (or yourself) and making friends with new people in this small group will make for a memorable trip.

There is no specific cutoff date and we will try to accomodate anyone that wants to go before the departure date (though we are aiming for 10 people max here as more than that would lessen the quality of the experience for everyone) but booking travel after December 15 may increase the price slightly as last minute booking does get more expensive and this is a peak time of the year for airlines.

Understood, once we have the airline hotel specifics worked out, we will post the details here as well as on our website, www.sa-drift.com
                          ...now why couldn't you have just structured your package with explanations like that in the first place? It's worth your time to explain things like this...and also at the same time, puts out a basic outline of promises you are hopefully intending to keep for anyone willing to join your tour.

Comment

ROOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS!

comp. trip yes?

oh wait, maybe bringing the "Instigator of Mayhem" isn't the best way to make your Japanese debut.

Aw hell take me anyway.

Comment

only if you pay for it tom

Comment

Working...
                              X