Something I don't understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I don't understand

This week I was reading my new issue of Sport Compact Car I got in the mail and they had an article about street racing in the Carribean. As I was reading I got to thinking: Why do the armpits of the world get all sorts of cool cars and North America doesn't? Now that's not to say the Carribean is a bad place, but there are others. Places like the Middle East and Central and South America.
    I'm not picking on those places either, but I have friends who are either from those places or frequently visit those places and say they suck. My problem is that the U.S., the most powerful country in the world, always seems to get the bottom of the bucket when it comes to cars and yet places like Saudi Arabia gets Skyline GTRs and they've supposedly supported our enemies. Even when we do get cars they're just watered-down versions of their better selves. And alot of the cars that are available on the U.S. are ancient compared to the ones in other countries. Take the Honda Civic XS for example. The engine's nothing to get excited about (1.7l i-VTEC with 130ps), but what other economy cars can you think of that are available with a CVT with 7-speed mode or a navigation system? What's the deal?

Saudi Arabia has more money than you ever will. In the majority of cases, any large corporation worth its salt isn't going to care about politics as their goal is to make money.

Comment

if america got skylines and other nice imported cars what would be so nice about having one?
      for me its nice to have cars in other countrys that way if you import one you dont have to go completely rice to have somthing differnet then everybody else.

Comment

Yea i agree. Im from New Zealand and modded wrxs,evos,gtrs,silvias/2oosxs are all dime a dozen and you have to do a hell of alot to make them stand out! a lot of them end up looking like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in the process!!!

P.S. heres one of our drifters giving it a go in a straight line!
        Attached Files

Comment

Remember at one time Japan was our enemies. Paybacks a bit*h ain't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
            Remember at one time Japan was our enemies. Paybacks a bit*h ain't it.
            LOL, but yet now they wanna be like us.. hell they even have a statue of liberty

Comment

LOL, but yet now they wanna be like us.. hell they even have a statue of liberty
              But the statue of liberty was given to the US by France. I believe France has one too. Does that make the US want to be like France ... I highly doubt that.

Comment

France has one?

France does not have a "statue of liberty"

Comment

umm not too sure about this... correct me if im wrong... trying to remember my history from HS...

wasnt the statue of liberty a gift from france? or something? and it was based on another statue thats IN france?

i'm probably wrong.. but yeah...

Comment

Liberty was a gift from france.
                    There is a smaller version in france that pays tribute to the original artist. It's not big enough to go into, but you can't go into ours anymore anyway.
                    Dude, you know what?
                    Japan has Elvis gangs. I think we're better off.
                    The last thing I wanna run into is a bunch of guys dressed like Elvis mobbing deep. "hey man what happed to you? "Oh, I got stabbed by the Kyoto Elvis' for bieng on thier turf."
                    WTF, it's like jet grind radio from the 50s.

they also have an isuzu version of the chevette.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                      Elvis mobbing deep. "hey man what happed to you? "Oh, I got stabbed by the Kyoto Elvis' for bieng on thier turf."
                      lol this is one of the funniest things i've ever read here.

Comment

Just like ghost said. Japan was once our enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                          Liberty was a gift from france.
                          There is a smaller version in france that pays tribute to the original artist. It's not big enough to go into, but you can't go into ours anymore anyway.
                          Dude, you know what?
                          Japan has Elvis gangs. I think we're better off.
                          The last thing I wanna run into is a bunch of guys dressed like Elvis mobbing deep. "hey man what happed to you? "Oh, I got stabbed by the Kyoto Elvis' for bieng on thier turf."
                          WTF, it's like jet grind radio from the 50s.

they also have an isuzu version of the chevette.
                          those elvis gangs wont do *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, they have this motorcycle gang known as 'boso' and i walk on their turf in a dark alley all by myself, they dont give a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. they have like ten of em and they just sit there, they dont wanna *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with americans. and yakuza, they nice as hell, i knew two of em. some yakuzas play arcade and i used to talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to em all the time they dont care. one of em owned a bar, gave me free teriyaki chicken and some fried rice.

Comment

hater, take all that @*&#$ swearing out so I can read your post without getting a head ache. It's mad wack yo.

word.

Comment

ever heard of that new craze in Tokyo called "SO-CO"? lol, the don't hate us! next thing you know, they'll make better rice cars in tokyo than here and than show cars will be all the rage here in the us and on an on...

Comment

Working...
                              X