Crazy Nail In My Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Nail In My Tire

So I was in Disneyland this weekend with my wife, we drove her TC there & Sunday morning when we woke up we noticed this:

It didn't lose any air that day so: that night, we drove it (nearly 300 miles) home... with no problem. With the holidays so close, I don't really want to spend the $130 discount tire quoted me. So, I was thinking of getting a cheap stock rim & tire from the junk yard to drive for now. (plus then we would have a rim to use for a full size spare. )
    Any other ideas??

Also: Its been in there for 3 days now & It still hasn't lost ANY air!! could the nail be completely in the side wall & not puncturing the tire at all??

ps. sorry the pic is so big!! i thought it might help determine the problem...

130!!!

thats insane

You can get feddies all the way around for probably less then two times that cost....

as far as the nail goes, take it too a mexican shop... if they cant fix it no one can

Comment

$130, and you're done....no time wasted searching for something that MAY or may NOT be good at a bone yard. I wouldn't even trust a mexican tire shop to fix this. They'll dismount the tire, fix it, and remount ANOTHER tire. They'll keep yours because the tread is good. hahaha

You said you were at Disneyland, right? Well...$130 at Disneyland buys you two tickets and maybe a soda that you will have to share.

Comment

You would have to get a new tire. No tire shop will plug the side walls due to the liability issue. My advice is to go look in google and find tire shops that sell used tires in your area or ebay.

Comment

That is the coolest thing, too bad you have your family in the car or else I'd say keep it there, it's a great conversation piece haha! It's not through the sidewall though, the tire would have gone flat by now. Just yank it out.

Comment

Hm, when I was working at Priority Toyota, that was pretty close for the stock replacement Yokohamas. But, that tire is done, no fixing that. Have you tried Edge Racing? www.edgeracing.com, some good deals on tires. You might also talk to Jim at Badboytires.com, just mention I sent you to him and hey MAY cut you a deal. I haven't talked to him in a while, so I don't know if he still wants to associate with me or not.

Comment

Working...
            X