Muscle cars drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle cars drifting

i got a 67 chevy nova. Wanted to be different then anyone else at the track. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on the things i will have to buy to get this car drifting.

Originally posted by Mobrown View Post
    i got a 67 chevy nova. Wanted to be different then anyone else at the track. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on the things i will have to buy to get this car drifting.
    That's easy.. well, not easy. Very expensive, too. Just copy this guy!

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...ova/index.html

Comment

Ryan Hampton didn't have much luck with his 69 Camaro. Though it defenatly was sweet to see slide around, and put up a good show. Somthing about an old school carbarated V8 at the top of the rev range. Not sure what happed to him, or the car.
      As for set up, I would think a 4 link rear suspention setup would be the way to go.

Comment

These guys built the camaro in your sig:

www.hotrodstohell.net - (818)842-4360

Give 'em a call, they make everything you will need.

Comment

thanks man

Comment

Body-on-frame adds a ton of weight, literally. There's nothing stopping you from having fun with it but it's definitely going to affect how well the car handles. Muscle cars were built for the straight line.

Comment

the nova

yeah, there is 3 i thinking about getting there is the 4 link, 3 link, and the truck arm suspension. the only problem is idk which one to get.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
                Not sure what happed to him, or the car.
                ryan had to take a step back from drifting to take care of his wife along with other personal issues.

i have no clue what happened to the car. i think blacktop rodeo still owns it

Comment

yeah that car is awesome the one he drives, i live on the eastern shore in maryland n dont know were to drift. does anyone know a a spots in maryland.

Comment

you can probably get a hold of Ryan on myspace. I've talked to him before about his vette and played some Mobsters with him :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sebring View Post
                      you can probably get a hold of Ryan on myspace. I've talked to him before about his vette and played some Mobsters with him :P
                      Yeah, he's one of my Mobsters, but I've become addicted to VDream and haven't messed with it since.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                        Body-on-frame adds a ton of weight, literally. There's nothing stopping you from having fun with it but it's definitely going to affect how well the car handles. Muscle cars were built for the straight line.
                        You are flat wrong.

1. 1967 NOVA is a unibody car.
                        2. A perimeter frame car is not heavier, it's a different construction technique, that when used properly will allow you to keep a lot of the weight low in the car.

My 1964 Malibu SS (full frame car with 115" wheelbase) weights 3200 lbs with 18 gallons of gas. That is less then a 3 series BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
                          My 1964 Malibu SS
                          You suck!

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
                            You are flat wrong.

1. 1967 NOVA is a unibody car.
                            2. A perimeter frame car is not heavier, it's a different construction technique, that when used properly will allow you to keep a lot of the weight low in the car.

My 1964 Malibu SS (full frame car with 115" wheelbase) weights 3200 lbs with 18 gallons of gas. That is less then a 3 series BMW.
                            I did not know the Nova was uni-body, I stand corrected.

As far as your Malibu weighing less than a 3-series, which model year? The 3-series is now the size of the old 5-series. Everything prior to 2000 weighed less than 3200lbs. My 328 cabriolet does tip over 3200 but that's because of the retractable top. The 1992-1999 3-series also had one of the most capable suspensions/chassis' on the road at the time, name a single American Muscle car that can make that claim. Actually, name a single American car period. Besides, your car weighed 3700lbs before you put it on a diet. 500lbs later and can it corner like a BMW?

By the way, how can you make such a well spoken, intelligent post like this, but then post utter gibberish in other threads?

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                              ryan had to take a step back from drifting to take care of his wife along with other personal issues.

i have no clue what happened to the car. i think blacktop rodeo still owns it
                              Ahh. Gotcha. Good man. I always liked watching him drift his Camaro. I hope somone else gives drifting an old school another chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X