X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Out On This Years USD1GP!!!!

So what did you guys/girls think?

the GTO sucked. It was not competitive.

This was only there first time out, perhaps the team will improve over this year as they settle in with there vehichle.

Comment

I think Rhys did quite well, considering that he only got the car on Friday. he said that it was only at 80% of what it'll be when the season starts. (Is he running F.D or USD?)

Comment

rhys did do quite well, the GTO sucked.

at least in my opinion.

I dont mean the car is bad, i just mean it seemed like he was using all of his skills to compete a car that wasnt competitive, but i think it will get better.

Comment

I didnt go

Comment

This year was BS! Great drifting, but wtf? They cut 20 drivers out. Plus, ueno didnt run because of a steering rack issue.

Comment

I look down on those who boo'd Rhys. That was not needed no matter what car he was driving. Sure it says Pontiac on the car in the states.. but in England and down under (new zealand and austraila) its a Holden. Which is a very respected car and he is a very respected driver. He did not deserve any of that which was displayed by hundreds of ignorant fans.

Comment

Rhys did excellent

This was the best drifting i have ever seen. I have been following D1 since the beggining. I usually don't post but i had to after witnessing my first D1GP. The competition was extremely close and I have never seen the D1 drivers drift this well. It must have been the enormous crowd and the competition but the jap and am drivers went to the extreme. I have never seen smoother, more controlled and outrageous drifting as this. Come on who didn't love the viper. The tires smoking from start to finish (ken). The fact that they let some drivers go extra laps just to please the crowd was outstanding. And the quality of the american drivers especially the supra and gto. Granted the supra wasn't the smoothest but he was the craziest. It seemed as if he was always trying to kiss the wall. The tandem drifting that was so close at times they were 1-2 feet apart from the top 16 to the final. Also in the top 16 when the supra competed in his tandem it was outstanding downright unreal. It is amazing what competition will do. Also Rys has was on par if not better than some of the jap drivers. His drifts were smooth and extremely controlled, but on the downside he wasn't extreme. I think his inexperience with the car was a major issue, but judging by his drifts in a new car he was outstanding. Aside from that his skill is great. Where i think he lost was at the tandem drifting in the top 16. he seemed "scared" or inexperienced. He didn't seem willing to push it all the way and during the chase or tandem competition its all about pushin to the edge. This may be due to the inexperience of driver and car. But Rhys in my opinion has to ability to make it to the top 8 consistently and he would shock me if he placed in the top 4. Well in conclusion to my long post my opinion of the d1gp events was that it was the best round of all d1gp thanks to the support of all the us fans creating the energy to drive the drivers to push limit of D1 Style.

P.S. I must agree with _uG TM and his comment. If anyone doesn't have any idea or just an inkling of an idea of who a good drifter is and what makes a good drift just look at the judges. There were many many times when they stood up for Rhys and the supra driver. Most people just judged on there on, but the judges know what makes a good drift and anytime they get on their feet to applaud it must have been a good drift. I agree that a lot of the am fans are ignorant. My brother and i have been following drifting and there were many times we were shouting on the infield and no one else was. It seemed like many people were looking for a crash and they only liked the drift if they were close to the wall. They didn't know what to look for in a good drift. Oh yeah everytime my brother and i shouted we saw the judges standing up and applauding also with a dead silent crowd. So before you knock the americans watch a little more D1
                Last edited by warlord385; 02-29-2004, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                  This year was BS! Great drifting, but wtf? They cut 20 drivers out. Plus, ueno didnt run because of a steering rack issue.
                  They didnt qualify

Comment

This is the exact reason everything in america sucks... This post is the seconed or third ive seen complaining about it. I really dont understand... D1GP is supposed to be the greatest drift comp, in the world... And I've never heard anything bad about it untill now.

They cut 20 drivers out. Plus, ueno didnt run because of a steering rack issue.
                    i guess the judges just wated to kill off the last american driver....
                    he was the LAST non-japanese person left, and i would say they should have went in to a deathmatch, but those judges....

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                      They didnt qualify
                      DUH! Thats why everyone is pissed. They were told they qualifed at the exhibition this year, they had qualified in japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                        DUH! Thats why everyone is pissed. They were told they qualifed at the exhibition this year, they had qualified in japan.
                        They had to qualify twice which is bull$hit. The lineup was supposed to be 50 something people.

Comment

U cant have a lineup of 50 in one day

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                            U cant have a lineup of 50 in one day
                            its the reason why the d1 ended at 6 and not 11.......

Comment

its a shame Ueno didnt get to run, i was looking forward to seeing the Soarer drift.

but i did get one of my D1 DVDs signed by Ueno!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X