good deal on 240 with no motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good deal on 240 with no motor

I found a great deal on a 89 240 750$ 100k on body its got rims, custom paint , intact drivetrain and aftermarket suspension.

Would it be worth it to buy this car and put in a new engine? i dont know whats wrong with the current one but the guy told me its too far gone to repair.
    i am 18 and im just wondering how much it would cost to put a new engine in or if its even worth buying because i dont want a project where im going to lose my *Censored**Censored**Censored*.
    thanks

I would look at it like this.If you were to pay 2k or more for a 240,you'd probably end up doing a swap later right? If the body is in great condition,paint is fine(sounds good),suspension is in good condition, and you get some rims to go along with it.Then it's a lot better to take that deal,as long as you have an engine to drop in.See if you can get him to knock off a few bucks .

Comment

how much would a stock 240 motor cost? and how hard would it be to install? i have swaped chevy 350s but i have never done any major engine work on jap cars

Comment

what did the guy use the car for? how is the chassis condition?

Comment

Check the frame and stuff and make sure it wasn't in an accident. Check for other things that you will need to replace because it might not just be an engine that you will be paying for. Engines can go from 100 to 1000 depending on condition. Engines are basically bolt in and connect all the connectors. 750 is a good deal for almost any 240 now a days. shells go for around that price sometimes.

Comment

Its not a bolt in job.You have to wire as well,and everyone hates wiring cars.

Comment

what wiring would you have to do other than reconnecting the connectors? If its the same engine, you dont have to rewire the car unless the wires are broken.

Comment

wheres the car at ill buy it....

Comment

Originally posted by quickstyleRPS13
                  wheres the car at ill buy it....

Comment

a ka swap would be a breeze if you can swap a 350

Comment

Working...
                    X