VEGASDRIFT.NET vs. VEGASDRIFT.COM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEGASDRIFT.NET vs. VEGASDRIFT.COM

...two different peoples? I'm sensing drama. Vegasdrift.com used to go to Vegasdrift.net's forum...now it just goes to Just Drift. Hmmm.

yeah pretty stupid huh lol .com takes u to justdrift.

VegasDrift.NET #1! FTW!!

VD010 is FEB22 just like we had VD009 VD008 VD007 VD006 VD005 VD004 VD003

Comment

I'm just gonna assume that the REAL VegasDrift has to be from the people that are actually FROM Vegas. Sounds like someone is trying to piss in someone's Cheerios.

Comment

Sitting in my tow truck between calls, I found this:

Vegas Drift History
        http://sixchimps.com/vegasdrift.com/...ic.php?f=6&t=2

It says:

Vegasdrift was a brain child between JT Arranz, Charlie Ongsingco & Kenneth Kit Lamug.

Early 2002, JT moved to Las Vegas from Southern California bringing with him his experience in the so-cal motorsports scene. Ken met JT during one of the local SCCA autocross events and they immediately hit it off. JT had a coupe AE86 and Ken a Honda Prelude, but he was determined to get into drifting which he was then exposed to only by watching Dori-ten and Option. During that time, Ken was actively participating in the local car scene and ran a web site geared towards the car modification, car shows, drifting & drag racing.

Soon after, Ken acquired a silver AE86 hatchback on a trip to california during one of the first drifting events at Irwindale speedway. Almost every month since then, JT, Ken and some of their friends would make monthly trips to tracks all over So-Cal to participate in drifting and road-race events, harnessing their skills and having fun at the same time. The crew would sometimes drive more than 5 hours to get to a location, drift all day and come back the same night, with almost no rest or sleep the night before, just so they could participate. Some of the pioneer drifters that would participate in those events were father and son Mio & Mike Bolanos, Kevin Leung, Tommy Suell, among others.

Charlie, a long time friend of JT was also helping out as an instructor at the so-cal drift events. With their passion and determination combined, they wanted to bring drifting to drivers who were at that time starting to take drifting out to the streets.

Soon, the first Las Vegas drifting event was held at Sam Boyd Stadium with an active participant base of 30 drivers from So-Cal, Arizona and Las Vegas. It was sticky, hot and fun. Vegas had it's first taste of sideways action and Vegasdrift was born.

Immediately after that, Vegasdrift received the respect of some of the well known drift enthusiasts in the U.S.

Soon after, JustDrift, a sister drift group based in So-Cal was also launched. An active base of drivers from Las Vegas and all over who wanted a taste of a road course drifting went to JustDrift events. If you're goal was to go fast and go extreme, then you had to go to JustDrift. Remove your bumper and skirts or loose it at the track.

The following year, with the help of Vegasdrift members, the first Hankook drifting series at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway was launched. During SEMA the following year, Vegasdrift drivers and special guests drivers from So-Cal held drifting demo throughout the night at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway, exposing hundreds of crowds to the sport.

Soon after, Ken decided to step back due to family reasons and let Mike Bolanos & Kevin Leung step in to keep local drifting going. Nick Dizon & Tommy Suell and many other great individuals helped in making Vegasdrift as active as ever.

Just Drift and Vegasdrift have are now merging to bring better exposure locally and provide better support and exposure to the local scene. Vegasdrift will still keep its identity and it's unique flavor and community for Las Vegas. Ken is stepping back in to help out in anyway he can to provide local support for JustDrift / Vegasdrift combined events. Nick Dizon parted with the group and will also be running his own event under a Vegasdrift.NET name, the same name that was used by the group since the beginning.

With all of events held by JustDrift & Vegasdrift, there was one core value that has kept the organization moving; It's to bring the sport to a higher skill level and a place where drivers can enjoy it in a safe and controlled environment. It is the value of friendship & community of peers who have the love & respect for the same thing and who will support each other. This is more important now that drifting has hit the main stream. We do not want drifting to be given a bad name, the same brush that has painted the drag racing scene. As long as the local drift community holds strong and true to it's values, there's no other direction for Vegasdrift but sideways.

Comment

of course the full story is never told nick never stepped out they forced him to and i stand by his side 100%

Comment

also to add CHARLIE KEN AND JT NEVER DID ANYTHING TO HELP THE LOCAL VEGASDRIFT GUYS TO HAVE LOCAL EVENTS! They could of held events for a long time but they thought they couldn't hold events every month. There was about 4 events in 4 years before Nick...Nick comes in the picture does all the foot work to make things happen then they kick him out and claim they where behind all of this. Plus the justdrift events in vegas suck from what people are telling me. Look at a few vegasdrift event films and you will know why vegasdrift is better. I really don't want to start this bs talking anymore where other people are going to come and lie about what happened.

please just lock this thread

http://www.vegasdrift.net/forum/
            Last edited by LV240s14; 01-23-2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Discussion is good! Either way, it will popularize anything. A subject matter will eventually "lock" itself once enough answers are out. Don't be scared of all the "talk" scaring away everyone. It won't shy away potential participants. It will cause participants to favor one OR the other, so it's in the best interest of whoever holds the TRUE story.

I've talked to both ends about this subject matter DIRECTLY from both people (Nick and Charlie), and it's literally one story vs. another. ...so that's why I started THIS thread. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to hear the point of view from "the people" (the people that actually participate or have participated in "VegasDrift" events).

Comment

I'm Fuc*ing confused lol

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                  I'm Fuc*ing confused lol
                  arnt we all lol

ill put up the reason why vegasdrift.NET is DOT.NET later away from work

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                    Discussion is good! Either way, it will popularize anything. A subject matter will eventually "lock" itself once enough answers are out. Don't be scared of all the "talk" scaring away everyone. It won't shy away potential participants. It will cause participants to favor one OR the other, so it's in the best interest of whoever holds the TRUE story.

I've talked to both ends about this subject matter DIRECTLY from both people (Nick and Charlie), and it's literally one story vs. another. ...so that's why I started THIS thread. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to hear the point of view from "the people" (the people that actually participate or have participated in "VegasDrift" events).
                    You are like that goddamn annoying kid, always wanting to know everything but you don't exactly do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                      You are like that goddamn annoying kid, always wanting to know everything but you don't exactly do anything.
                      Awes...Al needs a hug. =I *HuG*

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                        Awes...Al needs a hug. =I *HuG*
                        Other people need hugs too lol they so lonely , call an emergency hooker

Comment

Originally posted by RAM GARAGE View Post
                          Other people need hugs too lol they so lonely , call an emergency hooker
                          Awes!!! *HuGz!*

Comment

this thread needs a timeline or some graphics

Comment

yeah well screw locking the thread. let people say what they want i just thought we where all still getting along.

Comment

Working...
                              X