ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaughn Gittin Jr is the Guest on The Inside Drift Internet Radio Talk Show, Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaughn Gittin Jr is the Guest on The Inside Drift Internet Radio Talk Show, Saturday

Vaughn Gittin Jr to Take Calls from Listeners, LIVE on

The Inside Drift Saturday at 10:00am PST (1:00pm EST)

Two time World Drift Champion, Vaughn Gittin Jr. is the guest on the second edition of The Inside Drift, Saturday, January 24 at 10:00am nPST (1:00pm EST) on www.blogtalkradio.com.
    The Inside Drift is the first Internet radio call-in talk show dedicated entirely to the professional drift racing scene and in that regard, Vaughn Gittin Jr is truly one of the sport's iconic figures. Gittin Jr. will be interviewed by the show’s host, Gary Keith, and will take calls from listeners for an hour beginning at 10:00am PST (1:00pm EST). The program can be heard at www.blogtalkradio.com/the-inside-drift. Listeners can also join the chat room which runs concurrent to the program where they can comment and even pose questions to the program.
    Gittin Jr was the first American to defeat the Japanese, head-to-head, in world championship competition, in 2005 at an event held at Toyota Speedway in Irwindale, CA, AKA: The House of Drift. Drifting was invented and refined in Japan in the 1980’s and 90’s and landed in the U.S. shortly after the turn of the century. Gittin Jr’s victory was shocking as it not only was an upstart American defeating the best the Japanese had to offer, but he did it in a Ford Mustang GT, a perfect example of Detroit iron vanquishing the small, mostly turbocharged four cylinder Japanese imports, some nearly 20 years old, such as the venerable Toyota Corolla AE86 and the Nissan 240sx.
    Gittin’s 2005 victory was a shot across the bow of a culture that had always embraced the import tuner set and shunned Detroit brute force. But Gittin Jr’s undeniable victory and the successes of Samuel Hubinette’s Dodge Viper and Rhys Millen’s Corvette powered Pontiac GTO clearly set the sport on a different track in the U.S.. Formula Drift, the professional drift sanctioning body in the U.S. is now heavily populated by naturally aspirated V8 power.
    Gittin Jr. came to drifting as a teenager. Once a competitive BMX racer, he quickly graduated from two, to four wheels and into his first drift car, one of those Nissan 240sx coupes. He modified the car himself, and like thousands of other grass roots drifters around the country, taught himself the intricacies of “going sideways” in late night parking lot forays and in deserted business parks on weekends. He met others who shared his passions, including Tony Angelo and Chris Forsberg who have shared his journey into the ranks of frontline professional drift car builders and racers.
    But the three were among the first to see drifting not just as a sport, but as a culture, a lifestyle, and they capitalized on their vision by forming “Drift Alliance”, what they call, “the best rock band on wheels”. They lead the lives of rock stars too, traveling the world putting on demonstrations of their sport which is catching on everywhere it is introduced.
    Drift Alliance now conducts demos, produces a clothing line, and releases drift videos. DA has a legion of fans, world-wide and has grown to include a number of other professional drift racers including, Ryan Tuerck, and the group’s first Japanese member, Kenji Yamanaka. The “brothers” are also committed to giving back to their sport.
    DA assists promising young drift drivers in making the jump from grass roots, to the professional ranks. A couple of their recent additions, or “Aces”, Justin Pawlak and Joon Maeng have distinguished themselves at the professional level.
    Gittin Jr. is also interested in expanding his career into other forms of motorsports, Rally and even road racing are definitely on his radar screen. His longtime relationship with Falken Tires and recently completed deal with Ford Racing have led to greater exposure and new opportunities.
    Ford chose Gittin Jr as the poster boy at its introduction ceremony for it’s longest running nameplate, the sixth edition of the venerable Mustang line. The “reveal” show was nationally televised and held before the world motor press in conjunction with the Los Angeles International Auto show in November.
    Vaughn Gittin Jr. is without doubt an established star in drifting, but he is also a rising star in the wider galaxy of motorsports, and I am pleased to have him and his army of DA followers visit "The Inside Drift,” said Gary Keith, producer and host of the program which is heard on www.blogtalkradio.com

maybe someone will actually CALL IN to your call-in show this time...

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
      maybe someone will actually CALL IN to your call-in show this time...
      Is this broadcast on a radio station?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
        Is this broadcast on a radio station?
        Originally posted by TheInsideDrift
        The Inside Drift is the first Internet radio call-in talk show dedicated entirely to the professional drift racing scene
        reading is your friend.

Comment

The Inside Drift is a perfect example of democracy in action. The program is yours. It was developed to give you a voice. I bring the top names in the sport to the party, and all you have to do is dial the phone and you can ask them anything, comment to them on anything, or simply express yourself or your ideas.
          I interview the guest, but when calls come in, the interview is interrupted in favor of the calls. We did take calls from fans when JR was on the show last week, and with all that is swirling around Formula Drift right now [the economy, new scoring system, new event format, new rules, reemergence of D1GP in the US] I expect we'll certainly have calls this week.
          You are invited. The number is 646.716-4717

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
            reading is your friend.
            But, I also produce a show that is broadcast on the internet and over the air, thus, why I asked if it was broadcast over the air waves as well as the internet.

Comment

this thing never works for me. it never loads, i wanna know who have listen to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                this thing never works for me. it never loads, i wanna know who have listen to this?

have you tried using the download link to get a .mp3 file? That is the only way I can get it to work. The "play"/stream button never works but I've been able to get the download button to work and just slap that mp3 in my iTunes which was pretty convenient!

As for it live, I am 2 hours from waking up so I cannot help with that one.

Comment

Working...
                X