ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PATRICK MORDAUNT set to become first Formula Drift driver to compete full time in D1G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATRICK MORDAUNT set to become first Formula Drift driver to compete full time in D1G

Patrick Mordaunt set to become first Formula Drift driver to compete full time in D1GP Japan

March 2, 2009 (Playa del Rey, Calif.) – Already a rising star in the Formula Drift Pro Championship, eighteen-year-old Patrick Mordaunt is about to become a drifting star in the country that gave birth to the sport.

Mordaunt will compete in the 2009 D1GP championship with Team NOVUM as part of a two car effort and will team with D1 veteran Masasahi Yokoi. Team NOVUM, based in Chiba, Japan, is owned by Yuji Takahashi, former head mechanic at Top Secret and team chief of several D1GP stars such as Youichi Imamura, Ryuji Miki, and Dart Izumi. Mordaunt will begin the season in a Toyota Supra, before moving into a Nissan 350Z midway through the season. However, Mordaunt – who competed in both his personal Nissan S14 as well as the Braille Battery Nissan 350Z in his rookie Formula Drift season – will also contest the Formula Drift championship this season. In addition to becoming the first Formula Drift driver to compete full time in D1GP, Mordaunt will also be the first driver to compete in both series concurrently and will be the youngest driver in both series.

Mordaunt’s previous D1GP experience to date was at the 2007 D1GP Allstars event, where he earned his D1 license. He then earned a Formula Drift license and competed in the 2008 championship, with the highlight being a top-16 appearance at Road Atlanta where he missed moving on to the Great Eight by a single point after a One More Time.

“This will be the biggest challenge of my career, but I’m really excited about the opportunity to compete in D1GP,” said Mordaunt, who recently traveled back to Japan to meet with his new team. “I first got into drifting by watching Option videos with guys like Orido, Nomuken, and Tsuchiya. Now, I can’t wait for the first D1 event of the year. I know it will be an immense challenge to compete in D1 but I welcome it.”

While his D1GP plans are solidified, Mordaunt will also contest a sophomore campaign in the Formula Drift Pro Championship in the Nissan S14 that he began his 2008 season in. A final announcement about his partners and sponsors will be announced at a later time.

“Thankfully, the scheduling of both Formula Drift and D1GP allows me to compete in both series,” added Mordaunt. “I am totally committed to doing well in Formula Drift, and am proud to represent the series when I compete in Japan.”

For more information about Patrick, visit his website at www.patrickmordaunt.com

Go, Pat! Show 'em we can do it, too!

Comment

Wow Patrick, you certainly have gone far.

I remember when you were like 10 or something and used to take rides in my car. haha.

Comment

That's great for Pat! He has definitely come a long way for sure!

Comment

Who? Never heard of this guy.

Comment

Pat... I am so happy for you man. After all your hard work and time put into this game you have finally achieved your dreams. Drive like you can and remember your roots! Always give your best and treat the fans like they deserve! Give them a show to never forget every time your out there!

Comment

This is going to be a fun year!

Comment

Way to go juicebox!!! Tear it up!!!

Comment

ahh... juice box... does that ever get old? good luck pat!

Comment

lol, and a while back pattycakes didnt want me to tell anyone about this. hahaha.

good luck in japan D1!

Comment

Working...
                    X