The Autobacs in Covina is now closed.

Comment

wish we had one around here

cali always gets the best stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Dorifto View Post
          wish we had one around here

cali always gets the best stuff
          have you ever been to a US super autobacs?

I was wildly disappointed when i went there. they had one isle of somewhat jaw dropping parts, but were wildly expensive.

all the other novelty JDM goodies are all easily attainable online.

other than that it is a huge cheezy advance auto parts

bah.

are they going out of buisness in japan?

Comment

Originally posted by ReDc0aT View Post
            have you ever been to a US super autobacs?

I was wildly disappointed when i went there. they had one isle of somewhat jaw dropping parts, but were wildly expensive.

all the other novelty JDM goodies are all easily attainable online.

other than that it is a huge cheezy advance auto parts

bah.

are they going out of buisness in japan?
            still beats waiting months for parts from japan.

Comment

have u even been to Japan Autobachs store?

well, i have, Autobachs Tokyo and Kyoto....and they are essentially exactly like the USA stores.

Comment

I certainly have been to a Super Autobacs in Japan.. and comparing it to the Stupid Autowacks in Cali is like saying a WRX and STI are the same thing too!

The USDM Autowacks had more SUV wheels and dumb stuff and was way overpriced. It seemed like their pricing was MSRP+10%.....It is no wonder they went out of business when all the workers there were just re-hires from Chief's, Kragen, etc...

The mentality that they used when opening the store was way wrong and they failed to capture the people that would actually buy from them because they felt it was more important to have items for Escaburbans.... Soccer moms don't even know what a "super autobacs" is....They prolly think it is Megatrons little brother.

Comment

It's now officially closed. I went over to see what was left and found the doors locked with a sign stating closed as of 3/18/2009. Still a bunch of stuff in there though.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                    I certainly have been to a Super Autobacs in Japan.. and comparing it to the Stupid Autowacks in Cali is like saying a WRX and STI are the same thing too!

The USDM Autowacks had more SUV wheels and dumb stuff and was way overpriced. It seemed like their pricing was MSRP+10%.....It is no wonder they went out of business when all the workers there were just re-hires from Chief's, Kragen, etc...

The mentality that they used when opening the store was way wrong and they failed to capture the people that would actually buy from them because they felt it was more important to have items for Escaburbans.... Soccer moms don't even know what a "super autobacs" is....They prolly think it is Megatrons little brother.
                    Though I won't put it that way, I agree with you 100%. I've been both to Stanton's and Covina's Autobacs and it's more like PepBoys with style. It's way over priced, you can get the same stuff cheaper online from authorized distributor with free shipping and sometimes no tax.

Btw, is SA drift still competing this year?

Comment

I just found out that they are under new ownership and they are keeping the OC store open. 20% off.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
                        It's now officially closed. I went over to see what was left and found the doors locked with a sign stating closed as of 3/18/2009. Still a bunch of stuff in there though.
                        It's because they knew they were gonna reopen 5 days later, under a different corporate name, of course...*ahem ahem* *nudge nudge* *wink wink* My opinion is my opinion, but I've seen what big businesses do to scrub off debt. Once again, THIS is just my opinion. It's NOT based on "facts"....just based on what I saw.

Comment

maybe they'll now be "Autobacs O'Reilly"...

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                            It's because they knew they were gonna reopen 5 days later, under a different corporate name, of course...*ahem ahem* *nudge nudge* *wink wink* My opinion is my opinion, but I've seen what big businesses do to scrub off debt. Once again, THIS is just my opinion. It's NOT based on "facts"....just based on what I saw.
                            Same thing that happened to the Bumper To Bumper/ All Pro store down from our NAPA store. It closed it's doors yesterday, but on Thursday the new owners had made the phone number call their place. So, people expecting Bumper To Bumper heard "Staples Automotive," that was the only real warning.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                              Hmm, not likely since they only listed the Stanton store under new ownership. They might have left the stuff in Covina to retrieve at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                              X