ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula D: Please fix the 09 NJ Event!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D: Please fix the 09 NJ Event!!!!

Ok,

I have attended every Formula D event in NJ. Heck, every year I help promote the event by dropping off merchandise and flyers to all the auto related businesss around my area. Last year was the first event at E-town. The action was hot, even though I still missed the action they had the previous years at Wall. But there was one big issue that the fans encountered.
    The gates at E-town were selling 2 types of tickets, regular and premier we can call them. Regular gave you entrance to E-town, where you could watch it where ever you found space, and the premier allowed you to sit at the grand stands. This is where the issue was. The grand stands had a specific amount of space for sitting, with the middle of each stand being the stair case, if you will, for each fan to access the higher stands. The problem was that whoever was in charge of selling the premier tickets did not bother to get a good estimate of how many premier tickets they should actually sell. Basically, if one stand was meant to sit lets say 300 people, the number ended up being close to 350. People sat wherever they found space, stair case and all. The amount exceeded the sitting limit, as well as the weight limit of each stand. I was one that was sitting in the higher portion of the stand and I was scared almost the entire time. I feared that maybe one of the stands could give out any minute. Believe, if you any of you guys were in one of the stands, you would definitely understand.

I hope this is an issue that the FD commitee will correct for this year's event. I feel, as a fan and supporter for so many years, that this is a big issue. Please address this asap.

Cornerstrike, there is a big thread on this from last year. Yes, there were many boners at this event. They will be fixed. But to your comment about the grandstands, we actually sold 10 percent less than capacity to avoid that issue. What you were dealing with were dishonest people that snuck by the guards into the grandstands.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
      Cornerstrike, there is a big thread on this from last year. Yes, there were many boners at this event. They will be fixed. But to your comment about the grandstands, we actually sold 10 percent less than capacity to avoid that issue. What you were dealing with were dishonest people that snuck by the guards into the grandstands.
      Thanks for the reply. Maybe we can do something better about the security. I know there is so much that has to be covered with each round, but I just hope this wont be an issue this year. I'll hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
      X