X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Hübinette Formula D Long Beach Update

Text by http://www.moparspeed.com/blog/350.html

Formula Drift Mopar® Dodge Viper SRT10® Driver

Well, right now, for me at least, it’s all about preparation for the season-opening Formula Drift event in Long Beach, Calif. on April 10–11. I’m working on having some alterations done to my driver’s suit. I’m having a pocket for my earpiece designed, and the folks at Sparco are going to custom fit the suit a little better. It was too big, so they’re going to take it down a bit so it’s snug.

Overall, things just get more intense—and tense—as the season gets closer and closer. I have a lot more in-depth conversations with the Mopar®/NuFormz team, about the set up on the car, parts that need to be ordered, test sessions, dealing with sponsors, etc. I had my crew chief Brad Manka and his wife over for dinner with me and my wife, Stina. It’s great to hang out with Brad during the off-season, away from the track, when we’re not in competition mode. It was cool to chat with him and his wife, Summer. Of course, we did talk some business, about the car and such. It’s so hard not to talk racing! We’re planning to have a test day soon, probably at the end of next week.

I'm going to be heading out to the Spring Festival of LXs in Irvine, Calif. this weekend. It's a huge car show with tons of newer Chrysler vehicles, like the Chrysler 300C, Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger. I'll be there with the NuFormz team, and we'll have my Mopar Drift Dodge Challenger on display while I sign autographs for the show attendees. I'm sure they'll be swarming my Challenger!

I’ve also talked with the folks at Formula Drift recently, Ryan Sage and the series PR guy, John Panglinian, and we have some exciting events coming up prior to race day. We’ll be at the Formula Drift Long Beach media day on April 7 and then the Formula Drift season-opening kick-off party at Smooth’s Bar & Grill in Long Beach on April 9. There are some exciting things happening at the kick-off party, so stay tuned!

I’m so ready for the year to start, really pumped up to get back out there. I’ve remained focused in the off-season, staying in shape and eating healthy. I’ve done a lot of mountain biking, skiing and tennis, as well as working out, of course. It all adds up to great cardio workouts. Unfortunately, I’ve been fighting an old whiplash injury the last few days, but it’s seems to have improved, which I’m really glad about. I don’t need any distractions right now.

I’m getting the feelings of competition week—the focus, the excitement, the nervousness. I really want to do well for Mopar, as well as my tire sponsor BFGoodrich. We’re stoked to have their support for another season. We’re all anxious to get out and compete again after a very trying off-season. I think I speak for my team owner Shaun Carlson (who is doing well after his recent health scare) and the entire Mopar/NuFormz team when I say we just want to get the season rolling now, start competing, and do what we do best, which is driving cars hard on the track. We’re fired up and looking forward to another successful year!

"drifting is serious business"

Comment

Working...
    X