how do i convert and import a car from japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i convert and import a car from japan

My dad is going to by me a skyline gt-r r34 but he said i have to figure out how to get it here and convert it? does any one know how?

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/20...-gt-r-for.html

Comment

Originally posted by kaimt View Post
      My dad is going to by me a skyline gt-r r34 but he said i have to figure out how to get it here and convert it? does any one know how?
      Wrong forum. Try the forums at www.freshalloy.com, there is a GT-R section.

Unfortunately, importing skylines has become history. Because of the Motorex fxck up (you can find the stories on www.freshalloy.com), it is now very difficult, may be impossible, to import a Skyline. There are still quite a few examples of US legal Skylines for sale out there though (some might not be CA legal, so watch out). Talk to people, make sure it's legit. You can give RB Motoring (www.rbmotoring.com) a call. They are good people who deal with Skylines and probably can answer some of your questions.

Good luck.
      Hubert Young
      KORE 8 Films

Comment

Omg skyrine!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
          Wrong forum. Try the forums at www.freshalloy.com, there is a GT-R section.

Unfortunately, importing skylines has become history. Because of the Motorex fxck up (you can find the stories on www.freshalloy.com), it is now very difficult, may be impossible, to import a Skyline. There are still quite a few examples of US legal Skylines for sale out there though (some might not be CA legal, so watch out). Talk to people, make sure it's legit. You can give RB Motoring (www.rbmotoring.com) a call. They are good people who deal with Skylines and probably can answer some of your questions.

Good luck.
          Is it the same way importing from Canada?

Comment

nope. Canada has a 15 year rule. so if the car is (i think) 1994 or older then you can import then into Canada no problem

Comment

Same rules for Canada as everyone else...

Comment

Too late now, but, yup, i learned the f**kin' hard way...$$ down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by fast-datsun View Post
                  Same rules for Canada as everyone else...
                  how? i know theres some legal things but there 15 year rule is just like our 25 year rule

Emissions-15year old car- no emission law
                  Taxes- 20 %
                  No change in driver arangment
                  Shipping about 1000-1500CAN
                  Broker- 500.

plus by now there are tons of company's that deal with this in Canada and already have tons of jdm cars to choose from

http://waymore.info/articles/pdf/article-585.pdf

Comment

We have been exporting cars from Japan to canada for years and its a fairly straight forward process, there was also an article written about importing cars from Japan into the USA which can be found here http://nedrift.com/index.php?showtopic=2720 which gives some routes to use and info. Although more difficult it can be done and there are a couple of loop holes.

Comment

Working...
                    X