SOARER / LEXUS SC400

http://www.tunerlife.com/hinseattle/hinseattle36.jpg

http://www.importtoys.com/STUFF/EmeraldsLexXxy.jpg
http://www.importtoys.com/STUFF/EmeraldsLexXxy0403.jpg

Older pic. With Junsei Body kit:
http://www.importtoys.com/events/fliers/Em.gif

jsigone
06-25-2003, 10:06 AM
NICE ride. Gotta lok the CF trunk and hoods. What u got under the hood? US spec SC400? V8 right?

beatarolls
06-25-2003, 10:23 PM
oh yeah? well i think it's ugly.

i don't like the wheels and the carbon fiber trunk/hood looks gross against the silver car.

CrazyHawaiian
06-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Yeah check the plates, 1UZFE is the engine code for the 4.0ltr V8. Alot of people might lean towards the 2JZ swap but the 1UZFE is actually a good motor to mod. Quad overhead cam, foarged internals, 300hp stock. Did you know the Turbonetics Drag Celica uses a Tundra block and 1UZFE heads? That car puts out well over 1000 hp on boost. That 1UZFE has potential!!

Nice car!! The Soarer is a nice ride but my personal preferance is the Celsior. Both are the best of both worlds, luxury and alot of performance potential. Nice mods too!!

Nexusbeta
06-25-2003, 11:42 PM
Cough... Aristo... cough (just a biased opinion:D )

DriftGirl
06-26-2003, 06:16 AM
CrazyHawaiian & jsigone: Thank you :)

I have 2 turbo systems designed for it and another design from someone else. I'll decide on a plan and start the fabriication work in a month or so......Nothing like the Turbonetics car,thats waaaayyyy more HP than Id ever need :p

Ive done a lot of work on the current engine. the first real time tunable ECU for the 1UZFE. Custom CF intake system, SARD Injectors ,Fuel pumps and reg. and a few other 'things' under the hood.

Custom made suspension and full custom interior.

beatarolls: The Carbon hood was the first in the world on a Soarer (Even before the Vertex red Soarer)
The trunk is the only one in the world. The wheels are by Carving Stark RS and are rare (they were the only ones exported here to the US at the time I bought them) The bad part is that they only come in 18's :(

Thats pretty much it without going into too much detail.....

Thanks guys :)

DriftGirl
06-26-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by beatarolls
oh yeah? well i think it's ugly.

i don't like the wheels and the carbon fiber trunk/hood looks gross against the silver car.

dang...and I did this Alllll for you :(

.....Just lets me know Im doin my thing ;)

josh18_2k
06-26-2003, 10:02 AM
damn driftgirl, er should i say blingblinggirl... how do you go about having the only c/f trunk in the world? you must really get hooked up... and is that bill gates' lake youre parked next to?

DriftGirl
06-26-2003, 12:37 PM
LoL!! Naw...He lives on the 'other side of town' :D

jsigone
06-26-2003, 02:11 PM
oooooohhhhhh gonna add boost. Gotta love that. Do u have any motor shots? What ar u using to tune? Standalone or AFC?

J_cham979
06-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Nice car driftgirl, car looks good. your parents must have some monaaayyy to spend on ya, either that or im really poor(probably a little of both):D . anyways stay sideways

DriftGirl
06-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Thanks ...I stay SideWayz :D

I moved away from home when I was 17 and have worked (HARD) all of my life since then.

My parents dont pay for anything (never have) and have no clue as to how many cars ive owned over the years or how much I spend on them..They would lose their mind if they had the slightest clue.

Ive earned everything myself.

DriftGirl
06-26-2003, 08:09 PM
J_cham979: your car in your siggie?? nice!!!!

jsigone
06-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by DriftGirl

Ive earned everything myself.

Love to hear that:D All my money goes under the hood, but I like it that way;)

CrazyHawaiian
06-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Wow! Well when you get your turbo 1UZFE setup going I'd like to see some pics!! My next project will be a 91-97 LS400. I was planning a 2JZGTTE swap since the 2JZ has the most aftermarket support, but if you are designing a turbo kit for the 1UZFE then I might be very interested!! Only thing I couldn't find for the 1UZFE were the turbo manifolds. One of my friends here locally has the fastest Toyota on the island (his Supra is on the SupraForums.Com banner) and he was going to help me get info on the 2JZ swap. I'm sure he'll be interested in seeing the progress you make with the 1UZFE.

jsigone
06-26-2003, 09:35 PM
If ur planning on getting a SC400 to just swap the motor out, why not get a SC300 with the NA 2JZ engine and boost on it. There is a good support market for that motor and have bolt on kits/ manifolds. A guy I know on another board boosted his SC300, spent 9k on the car and 10k on mods (complete turbo kit, FMIC, standalone, ect ect) and put down 505whp on 94 octane pump gas. He had to detune it due to traction problems and is rolling aorund making 455whp on pump gas. Just an option:D

emission
06-27-2003, 02:22 AM
SOARER / LEXUS SC400

http://www.importtoys.com/STUFF/EmeraldsLexXxy.jpg
http://www.importtoys.com/STUFF/EmeraldsLexXxy0403.jpg

Older pic. With Junsei Body kit:
http://www.importtoys.com/events/fliers/Em.gif

DriftGirl's a

HOT BABE!!! BABE!!!

emission
06-27-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by jsigone
If ur planning on getting a SC400 to just swap the motor out, why not get a SC300 with the NA 2JZ engine and boost on it. There is a good support market for that motor and have bolt on kits/ manifolds. A guy I know on another board boosted his SC300, spent 9k on the car and 10k on mods (complete turbo kit, FMIC, standalone, ect ect) and put down 505whp on 94 octane pump gas. He had to detune it due to traction problems and is rolling aorund making 455whp on pump gas. Just an option:D [/B]

wider tires duh!

Boosted
06-27-2003, 06:30 AM
nice ride, I got a soarer with a 1jz

DriftGirl
06-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys :)

CrazyHawaiian: The LS can run 2 T3's only due to the engine area being cramped ( They'll be totally under the car) MECHTECH has a TT SC400 running at low boost. They had problems tuning the ECU but Ive gotten past that issue a while ago. Theres also a company in Aus. thats comng out with a SuperCharger kit next month for 6,500.00

You're gonna have to go 'custom' to have the manifolds built...not a well supported engine :(

I almost went ahead and started a TT on it a few months ago, but ended up selling the 2 T3's on Ebay and started looking into another turbo design.

I want to turbo the 1uz...just to 'say that I did it' :p

DriftGirl
06-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Boosted
nice ride, I got a soarer with a 1jz

:cool: ...And you're in Japan!! LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!!! :)

Mr. Sparkle
06-27-2003, 09:30 AM
change those wheels...they look like civic offset and civic width.

You need something along the lines of 18 or 19x11 in the rear and 18 x 9 in the front.

well..at least you wont have to worry about reliability...the cast iron 1UZ-FE block is arguably one of the most reliable v8s out there.

DriftGirl
06-27-2003, 10:01 AM
yeah, Kinda suxed when I opened the box from Japan.....Wrong offset. at 18x8.5 (they only go up to 18's...which also sucked!)

Wouldnt have been worth the effort to send them back..took too long to get here in the first place.

I have Traffic Star rims in 19x9 and 19x10 that I may use on it

NiteKids
06-29-2003, 11:18 PM
ugh that offset and width of those wheels sucks :(

DriftGirl
06-30-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by NiteKids

Uhh, I think we've gone through that part already.....

Thanks for playing tho ;)

DriftGirl
06-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by NiteKids

Did you miss the post where I said the car had TrafficStar DTS by Work of Japan in 19 x9's & 10's? Or the fact that CARVING sent the wrong offsets?
It's not like I flew to Japan and hand picked the offset...they sent the wrong one and it took a long time to get here....I just ate the cost on the wheels (the only ones in the US BTW) and ordered another set...and was lucky that they got the order right.

BTW: That knock-off body kit from VIS on your car is like ugh too :p

NiteKids
06-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Knock off kit from VIS? Dang I paid too much for my D1GP Bumper from Japan then! :p

I didn't know VIS front bumpers cost over 500 dollors! *GASP!

DriftGirl
06-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Posting my car picture was an open invitation for critics...That i can deal with and like. I've done 3 full JDM body kits in about 5 months and always make changes to my cars...a lot coming from people that give helpful info,opinion or advice.....

Forum bashing is childish and pathetic, so Take the lead from Mr. Sparkle on critiqing a car like a man and not a little boy.

BTW, "Mr.Know-it-all"...$500 isnt that much money for a full front bumper coming from Japan. :rolleyes:

I dont have any beef w/you.......just lettin' you know.

Not gonna get into a 'pissing match' ...You do know what they say about "Living in a glass house" dont you? ;)

~DG

MrMigs
06-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Don't pee on the windows?? Ehh... I don't get it. :eek:

*note the sarcasm.....:p

Driftinsc
07-01-2003, 03:41 AM
wow i have a sc300 5spd i can drift it woohoo good luck with your sc i think i saw u in a another forum in club lexus where did u get those carbon fiber hood and trunk i want it for my car

The_light
07-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Drift Girl,

Would you be interested in comming to a NW meet this sunday? The crew I hang out with mostly have old beat up AE86s but we are always looking for someone new to meet. I love your car, it is beautiful, thanks for building it to my taste. ;)

The meet will be sunday, July 6th at 1 p.m. If you need details please visit my NW forums or you can email me at thelight49@hotmail.com

Here is the address to the forums.
http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=7&

Hope to see you there. If there is anyone else from the north west please feel free to show up. The more the merrier.....in most cases.

Gary
www.hachiroku.net

DriftGirl
07-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the invite!!!!!! :)

But I'm sooooooo far behind on getting ready for HIN (in 2 weeks from today ) that I'll have to pass. :(

Will you guys be at the event??

Drift-Induced
07-06-2003, 03:25 PM
hey, jsut wanted to say sweet ride!!!
is it the turbo motor and everything? :D
where are u located abouts?

hm, nice rims, kinda look like mine :D

DriftGirl
08-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by The_light
Drift Girl,

Would you be interested in comming to a NW meet this sunday? The crew I hang out with mostly have old beat up AE86s but we are always looking for someone new to meet. I love your car, it is beautiful, thanks for building it to my taste. ;)

The meet will be sunday, July 6th at 1 p.m. If you need details please visit my NW forums or you can email me at thelight49@hotmail.com

Here is the address to the forums.
http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=7&

Hope to see you there. If there is anyone else from the north west please feel free to show up. The more the merrier.....in most cases.

Gary
www.hachiroku.net

See.....I didnt even make it to HIN :(

Having ECU issues R'now....But I should have it running by The Mospeed / Kube 93 show :D

http://www.globalimportcarshow.com/

DriftGirl
08-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Driftinsc
wow i have a sc300 5spd i can drift it woohoo good luck with your sc i think i saw u in a another forum in club lexus where did u get those carbon fiber hood and trunk i want it for my car

CF parts should be out this fall/winter

www.SoarerTuner.com

marshun
08-05-2003, 11:41 PM
you have the car that i want. geeze... and youre hot. double geeze. its awesome to see girls that kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*. hehe

--DriftKing--
08-06-2003, 10:07 AM
i must say the only other soarer i like is the one that TUeno drives im soo glad he had gotten rid of the 86 ( no i luv the 86 but sc is difffernt to lookat when it drifts)

well anyways Ueno has fully functional carbon doors they are pcan have power windows and locks u should look into that. His sc is like the best drifting SC ever

no offense im running a 180sx but hey my best friend wants to drift his suspra mark 4 so...gooo toyota!!!! and good luck wit ur lovly sc its really going well :D i would love to hear more about it!

i mean Takahiro Ueno btw the drifting sc....

DriftGirl
08-06-2003, 04:04 PM
I hadnt thought of doing the doors....and then I saw his, so I wont be doing it now :(

The doors are the heaviest removable part on the car. I think if I were to 'go all out' Id just do it in fiberglass and paint it to match the rest of the car. :p

marshun
08-06-2003, 05:16 PM
I hadnt thought of doing the doors....and then I saw his, so I wont be doing it now :(

The doors are the heaviest removable part on the car. I think if I were to 'go all out' Id just do it in fiberglass and paint it to match the rest of the car. :p

CF doors cost a grip.... maybe one day i'll have a set :P

DriftGirl
08-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Im sure they do :(

they are SERIOUSLY heavy!!..They use aircraft hinges on them

emission
08-07-2003, 04:15 AM
Im sure they do :(

they are SERIOUSLY heavy!!..They use aircraft hinges on them

"Toyota built tough" :D
Oh god lets just pray you don't have to remove the rear sub frame.

marshun
08-07-2003, 01:28 PM
the cf doors.... for some reason i think they cost 2k. i feel like i've seen it in an option mag or somethin :P. i should look through my option mags again.

boro240
08-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Custom made suspension
details?

The Carbon hood was the first in the world on a Soarer (Even before the Vertex red Soarer)
The trunk is the only one in the world.
somehow i doubt that.......a lot.

The wheels are by Carving Stark RS and are rare (they were the only ones exported here to the US at the time I bought them)
that doesnt make them any less crap. if you REALLY didnt like the sizes and offset (cause theyre horrible for a SC400), you could have sold them and bought something better.

your car really isnt my thing, im not much for show cars. but to each his/her own. at least you pay for your own stuff.

emission
08-07-2003, 11:12 PM
play nice don't bite the girls

DriftGirl
08-08-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by boro240
details?

somehow i doubt that.......a lot.

Hmmmm, bitter? :p it's cooh tho....I have nothing to prove to anyone.To People in the 'Soarer/ SC world' this is all common knowlege. and not a big deal to anyone anymore.... But maybe to a bandwagon jumper I can see where it would be 'news' to them.

Ive been there,done that with this car...a loooong time ago. Do sum research before opening your mouth.

that doesnt make them any less crap. if you REALLY didnt like the sizes and offset (cause theyre horrible for a SC400), you could have sold them and bought something better.

I dont have to sell rims in order to purchase a new set.....I ordered another set of wheels. ( Traffic Star DTS...Crap? ;) ) and I still have the Carving Starks...If I keep or sell them, its no big deal to me. If for some reason I dont like the Work rims I'll get sumthin else....rims are not kids, you're not stuck with them for life and you dont have to get rid of one to get another ;) LoL!!

I like the design of the Starks and may have 2 rebuilt (3pc) for a future car or sumthin....or use as 'daily drivers' .

My 240 will be sitting on SSR Pro in a few weeks from now...Im sure they will be 'crap' as well.

your car really isnt my thing, im not much for show cars. but to each his/her own. at least you pay for your own stuff.

The car is 'MY' thing....I didnt build it for you. I built it the way I wanted it. It takes more than an SR20DET or 2jz to build a showcar.... I wanted the best of both worlds and thats the way I'll build it.

Thanks for playing. :D

DriftGirl
08-08-2003, 06:49 AM
:eek:

:cool:

boro240
08-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Hmmmm, bitter?
hardly. what do i have to be bitter about?

rims are not kids, you're not stuck with them for life and you dont have to get rid of one to get another ;) LoL!!
you get rid of kids to have more? wtf... and selling them was just a suggestion, no need to take everything so seriously (as if i thought that was your only option). you seem to be grasping at straws here.

My 240 will be sitting on SSR Pro in a few weeks from now...Im sure they will be 'crap' as well.yay for you.

The car is 'MY' thing....I didnt build it for you.i never said you did, i was just voicing my opinion, something im entitled to (especially when you open yourself up to it when posting your car on the internet).

I wanted the best of both worlds and thats the way I'll build it.what worlds are you talking about?

Thanks for playing. :D no problem

you never answered my question about your suspension. im curious.

dont get me wrong though. im not trying to attack you or anything, i just dont normally give the cookie cutter responses, especially where people are looking for praise. i have a habbit of telling it like it is, dont take it personally.

marshun
08-08-2003, 11:35 PM
hi my name is ric. and i like cars.

this is her thread so she can reply to the crap that you said. but it seems that you (boro240) just wanna keep it goin.

just let it go.

DriftGirl
08-09-2003, 06:31 AM
hardly. what do i have to be bitter about?

I dont know...Why would you doubt it if you know NOTHING about the subject? Just wanted something negative to say?

you get rid of kids to have more? wtf... and selling them was just a suggestion, no need to take everything so seriously (as if i thought that was your only option). you seem to be grasping at straws here.

Read it again....And I didnt ask for options. I know what my options are. The post wasnt seeking advice on my car...I know it better than you do.

If you had read the post you wouldve known that the car has MULTIPLE sets of rims. Read BEFORE responding Mr.Bandwagon

yay for you.

yup

i never said you did, i was just voicing my opinion, something im entitled to (especially when you open yourself up to it when posting your car on the internet).

Thats cooh, Post more...it builds/shows character ;)

Originally posted by boro240 [/i]
[B]what worlds are you talking about?

Mine and mine...and you are a factor in none of the above :p

no problem

Maybe next time you'll bring your 'A' Game. :)

you never answered my question about your suspension. im curious.
I made a point not to answer...Do sum research on the car...you know nothing about the topic of Soarers.

[Originally posted by boro240
dont get me wrong though. im not trying to attack you or anything, i just dont normally give the cookie cutter responses, especially where people are looking for praise. i have a habbit of telling it like it is, dont take it personally.

I dont need your praise but welcome your comments...just dont be an *Censored**Censored**Censored* about it.

Annnnd Like I said: Do your research before opening your 'mouth' you may learn sumthing Mr.Drift000000000000000000r :D

Once again sir,although you may be used to it by now in life...you've come up a bit short.

Thanks for playing tho.

boro240
08-10-2003, 02:24 AM
LOL. you assume i dont know anything on the subject. calling me bandwagon? and a drift0000r? arent you being a little hypocritical now? you dont want me saying things because "i dont know", and youre saying things about me when you dont know me.

just because you can impress little kids and "poseurs" doesnt make you infallible and immune to criticism (or "cool", for that matter). not everyone is going to think the same way as you. dont get all upset when someone does. i never made any attacks on you. little kids resort to name calling. i think every post you make shows whos more mature here. grow up.

DriftGirl
08-10-2003, 03:31 AM
You made a post in my thread questioning MY credibility. ...and then tried to use the 'It's my opinion' cop-out.

I've read your post here and find it really annoying to see people that do nothing but criticize or play 'know it all'.

Let's make this clear: Nothing that I posted was untrue or based on opinion.
You've read the early drama in this thread and ran with it before reading the rest of my post. AND THEN pretty much called me a liar.

You had no valid reason to make the post that you did. you came trying to suggest your solution to a problem that had long been solved.
I don't know you, nor do I care to know you.
But if you would like to compare credibility on the subjects mentioned, I am up for ANY debate.

YOU may impress the kiddies with your Google/message board knowlege...But dont Talk about it...Be about it. ;)

Yes, I did call you BANDWAGON. It's obvious that you know nothing about the Soarer scene or you wouldve already found out who I was / what I do.
If you did there wouldnt be a question as to validity of my claims. You can look/ask anywhere from Japan,Aus or any board/site in the US....WHEREEVERRRR.

I am confident enough to tell you this: ....Unless your last name is 'Toyota' I'll debate you on any SOARER stuff or claims. I dont care who you are ,Who you work for ,who you claim to know,how many magazines you read per month or how many Google hits you have. :D

Like I said: go do a bit of research and then come back and let everyone know how wrong you were...or just stay out of my thread :)

====

If a 'car' is all someone has going for themselves I'd suggest that they broaden their horizons.....

- I'm not here to impress anyone with a car...that simply doesn't 'move me'.
- Im here to see how other people 'do their thing' around the nation.
- I'm not here to criticize other peoples cars,taste or knowlege....

Maybe after this all of your post (after your 32nd) would be more 'Board friendly'...

Reading your first 32 kinda makes you look like an *Censored**Censored**Censored*....but thats just my opinion.

I could go on......

DriftGirl
08-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Please let this forum remain a friendly place and refrain from being an *Censored**Censored**Censored* to everyone....It's not cool.

Ive come from boards with more than its share of know-it-all, elitist type.

When I got here (JUNE03) this board was new with cool people. I for one would like the board to remain friendly and welcoming to everyone...

you made a comment and was wrong, But rather then admit it you'll continue to post for some reason :confused:

You were wrong......Let it go and lets move on with Drifting.com

marshun
08-10-2003, 04:05 AM
im in love with this girl.

DriftGirl
08-10-2003, 04:08 AM
marshun: what are you doing up this early?!?!? :p

marshun
08-10-2003, 05:14 PM
marshun: what are you doing up this early?!?!? :p

how'd u know i was up early. you waited for me my love? haha.
i got off from work and i decided to stay up. retail is wack. :P

and everytime i think of what i used to do and what i do now... jeeze. what a step down. hopefully this hospital job comes through. i'll be soooo set. hehe

marshun
08-10-2003, 05:15 PM
hehe i see the time stamp thing. i guess you were up too.