X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEN GUSHI - Formula D Atlanta Blog Entry

Sunday, May 10, 2009
    Formula D Round 2 Road Atlanta
    Im starting to see the light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Formula D round 2 was the best event for the RS-R Scion/Toyo drift team. For the first time we were able to get past the top 16 with the car with minimum mechanical-related issues. In fact, the tC ran really strong all weekend. Just one thing went wrong. Power Steering. Yes, drifting can be quite hard (sometimes impossible for some) without steering assist. My steering rack blew out its seals because we added more steering. This same thing happened during our test session a few weeks back at Horse Thief but we thought it was because of the crash at Long Beach.

Thank god I had some practice in the tC without power steering. I was ready!
    So during the practice session on thursday, I drove the car without power steering and found it to be much harder than I remember at Horse Thief. Why? Because the drift course at Road Atlanta is a side-brake entry as to where I was only clutch kicking at Horse Thief. Eventually I got it down and was able to drive it as if it had power steering. Of course, tandem was much harder because it was heavier to turn-in.

Friday, the clouds began...........
    CONTINUE HERE
    http://kenshirogushi.blogspot.com/20...d-atlanta.html
Working...
X