I Have The Car But Not The Patiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have The Car But Not The Patiance

Ok guys, here my delema. I baught a 1992 Nissan 240sx S13 for around 800 bucks. It needed some TLC but im the kinda guy that likes to put work into cars. So when i picked it up. i had to tow it cuz it didnt come with and exhaust, the front end was falling apart so i did an S15 conversion, boosted the stock SOHC KA, struts, cut coils, chipped ECU, gutted interior. Because i decided when i looked at this car that it was gonna be stricted track car. so the KA finally gave out.. and now im doing a performance rebuild, all forged internals. BUT! its coming along really slowly, and my only running car is 1994 toyota supra N-A -_- ....... and my MAIN question is.... Is the N-A supra IDEAL for drifting ? like ive drifted before in it.. but not like continuisly to get used to it. and since the S13 is taken its time i figure maybe just get some practice in with the supra..

Guys thanks for reading lemme know what u think is the best way to roll in this sichuation.

THANKS!!

There is nothing wrong with driving ANY rwd car to get some drifting practice. Learning in one car and switching to a "better" car will only help you progress faster. When it comes to drifting, there is no secret... just practice practice practice!
    www.chrisforsberg.com
    www.driftalliance.com
    www.nosdrift.com
    www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Yeah, just starting and using a RWD car that is underpowered is going to benifit you a lot. It will teach you how to use the weight and momentum of the car to initiate a drift. Hell, I started in a 250K+ stock 1985 BMW 325e Sedan and am now working on a turbocharged 4 cylinder 1987 Nissan Hardbody D21 pickup!

Short answer:

JUST DO IT!

Comment

Thanks guys, i appriciate it. ima save up for some tires and get some practice in. i really wanna take on this sport it amazes me and id love to be apart of this sport

Comment

Yup, practice more. No matter what kind of car!!

But, a S13 is definitely my choice because I love NISSAN!! Also the S13 is cheaper to fix vs. your supra if anything happens.

Justin is right, drifting an unpowered car forces you to learn drifting the right way, which is using the weight and momentum to drifting instead of just meshing your foot on the gas to burn tires. It will make you a better drifter.

Go practice whenever you can!!! Good luck!
          Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

Thanks! Yeah my only deal is moneys hard to come by. so track fees are somtimes rediculous. I dont want it to be considered "street racing" but i need some place to practice. my first time i ever tried drifting was in a magic mountain parking lot. it was fun ha. and then i got hooked O_O

Comment

Originally posted by JDMwannaB View Post
              Thanks! Yeah my only deal is moneys hard to come by. so track fees are somtimes rediculous. I dont want it to be considered "street racing" but i need some place to practice. my first time i ever tried drifting was in a magic mountain parking lot. it was fun ha. and then i got hooked O_O

Where do you live at? I know some of the USDrift and Drift Nirvana practices are around $50-75, and I've heard cheaper than that even.

Comment

I live in california.Ive wanted to go to willow springs for so long but just practice fee is like 110.so its rediculous out here.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMwannaB View Post
                  I live in california.Ive wanted to go to willow springs for so long but just practice fee is like 110.so its rediculous out here.
                  I don't know too much about Willow or Cali for that fact, but there has to be some that are done in a parking lot (LEGAL and sanctioned, mind you).

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                    I don't know too much about Willow or Cali for that fact, but there has to be some that are done in a parking lot (LEGAL and sanctioned, mind you).
                    yeah california is just exoensive with everything in general.

But yeah that one time in magic MTN the security guy pulled outta no where and was like WTF are you doing ? and i just said.... practicing. and he said. go do that some where else. He was cool.

Comment

Personally I would practice iwth the Supra and then later on nuild it and boost it when your ready to get it track ready. But I'm hardcore Toyota so I'm biest (sp). and IF an underpowered car is better for learning than I got the BEst one yet a Corolla hahaha. yeah everytime I use a parking lot I plan out a route of like four different empty/closed down businesses like Fred Meyers or whatever and do a couple drifts at one then book it to another that way I limit my chance of getting caught.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDrifter91 View Post
                        Personally I would practice iwth the Supra and then later on nuild it and boost it when your ready to get it track ready. But I'm hardcore Toyota so I'm biest (sp). and IF an underpowered car is better for learning than I got the BEst one yet a Corolla hahaha. yeah everytime I use a parking lot I plan out a route of like four different empty/closed down businesses like Fred Meyers or whatever and do a couple drifts at one then book it to another that way I limit my chance of getting caught.
                        Good Idea. Yeah if i were to drift the supra i would have to have another one. cuz i originally did plan on restoring this one. but i mean.. drifting is somthing i really wanna do. IDK.. lol the 240sx is soooo ready if i just finish the engine. its just a matter of time.

*EDIT* just felt like showing the main cars that are gonna help out my practice in the sport :3

they dont get along
                        Last edited by JDMwannaB; 06-01-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

2JZ swap into S13.5, do it do it. Heheh, j/k...somewhere in the middle of the work you might wonder, "What was the reason for doing this?!"

And your Supra will give you a face.

And no Brian Griffin, you can't buy pot from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakesoba View Post
                            2JZ swap into S13.5, do it do it. Heheh, j/k...somewhere in the middle of the work you might wonder, "What was the reason for doing this?!"

And your Supra will give you a face.

And no Brian Griffin, you can't buy pot from me.

Comment

hahaha.I bet the supra is way jelous.. cuz the S13 has way more money dumped into it then the supra..

Comment

Working...
                              X