drifting mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting mag

im not sure if this has been posted yet but....
    http://www.importracermag.com/Drifting/

whens tha next issue come out, or was that it to see how many mags sold?

Comment

Originally posted by Dori Star
      whens tha next issue come out, or was that it to see how many mags sold?

yeah i think that was just a trial run. the following is my words and opinions that i posted on another forum when the mag. first came out in May:

Well, they've all been covering it. Sport Compact Car has had a few blirbs about it, Super Street has something in about every issue now it seems....but Import Racer! has really done it with it's issue of Drifting magazine. I just picked mine up on the way home last night. Yep, 100 "dedicated" drifting pages. I was at the grocery store killing some time, was getting ready to leave and happened to lookdown on the bottom shelf and there it was! 5 copies too. LOL. Well here's what i think:

1st: THE BAD NEWS (in my opinion):

Well the gig is up on our "secret" cars LOL. the hachi has it's own section in the mag., and a tuning guide as well. same with the 240's. the 86 and 240's grace almost everypage of the issue. so i'm assuming by the end of the week all corolla GTS and 240 owners will double or triple the price of the piece of junk in the yard they're trying to sell, just because "it's a drift car". whatever! so i'm sure the ricers will start garbeling up our already hard to find cars. information in the mag. was kinda' basic. a few things were helpful to me. i'm sure the new b's will find it usefull, but the senior drifters will prob. not find much substance between the covers. OK. now for the WORST thing about the mag.; THE STUPID ADS! ricer ads! in a "drift" magazine?! air bag systems, stupid body kits, APC! why is that crap in there? now people are going to begin to associate that junk with drift. especially the kids out there who have never even heard of drifting before (which was me 5 or 6 years ago until I stumbled on a japanese website one night). that's what pissed me off the most. airbags! what! who needs airbags in a drifting mag...this isn't lowrider.com ya know! i should have looked at the magazine b4 i bought it. but i didn't, i was so excited...STUPID! great, now i just supported the "rice drifting association" buying the mag.

2nd: things I PERSONALLY liked (just opinion)

Well, there were nice pics in it. really liked the 'style' to the magazine. very cool layout, and i like the fact that they try to put some substance in it to read and teach people...just i didn't get a lot from it, but hopefully that will change. they covered the Drift Showoff and the RS*R Drift Festival, and basically made the statement that drifting is here in the USA and we like it. that's cool. maybe more companies will get on board and help us out with real DRIFT parts for these cars in the states so we can cut out this importing crap and JDM lust. LOL. i was very happy they covered the "domestic drifter" (mustang) which got its own technical section (kind of) giving the run down on a cool american drift car (which gave me a little boost of confidence in what i'm building. lol). I felt the most important statement they made was: "DRIFTING IN THE U.S. IS A BLANK SLATE"... I love that fact! we don't have to copy japan. we can be a little different and choose what our drift scene looks like. so i hope we have drift cars from europe, japan, and domestics on our soil....not just asian cars. i think that it will make the american drift scene more fun to watch and be part of. also Nadie and Benson from Sileighytmania featured in the mag. that's cool.

WELL. all and all i think it's an OK mag. i HATE the rice crap in it. if they continue to make the mag. i will buy it if they cut out the ricer crap and add some more meat to the techinal sections. let me know what you all think. later.

Comment

I was kind of sad they completely left Hawaii out of the scene. I emailed them to give them some info and even offered to provide pics but nobody ever replied. Oh well. I thought they could have done alot better on the articles. I was really disappointed to say the least. Do the people that wrote this stuff even drift? Hard to tell. The thing that saved the mag were the few articles with info provided by real drifters (aka Alex Phiffer on the AE86 tuning, etc). The rest of the articles were either boring, written baddly, or a plug for parts. I know its not easy to write stuff for the first issue of a grassroots level sports magazine, but still, not too happy about what I read. Next time an issue is released I'll probably flip through it real quick at the news stands, but I doubt I'll pay $ to buy it. Maybe an impule buy...

Comment

CrazyHawaiian, can you post some info on the Hawaii scene, and if you have an interesting article or journal entry we can put on the homepage.

Thanks!

Comment

The only thing I don't like about it is how Ricers can get it and try to drift in there hondas...

Comment

Hahahaha....drifting a rice honda....dam* your good! Me and my friend went out and tryed like 40mph drifts on a dirt road with his 95' Civic!!!! LOLOLOL We actually did pull it out a couple times and almaost hung it off the road too, no spins and it really didn't slide through cleanly....just spat to the side and came back before the turn was over! Since I cant drive and that was my first "sideways" experience I still thought it was fun...oh shat, I have that magazine! Its got a red and white 350z on it... hahahah its got an article on how to drift a civic...are they asking me to burn it after I read it or what.

Comment

I dunno, I've been hearing about drifting from my little brother for the last 2 years now. He finally got his 240 and is dying to get a LSD installed on it. He's got the option videos and I must admit after hearing about the scene, and watching some videos with him, I'm hooked! I'm gonna buy myself an AE86 and start small. I'm looking forward to working on my own car. Should turn out to be a cool project. After influencing my brother all these years, for once, he's got one on me.

I bought the mag, and from reading it it sounded as if they were going to be a stand alone type of format. But who knows, mabey it was a trial run? We'll see how many people "bite" on drifting when D1 sells out by July 31st.

Comment

Working...
                X