So is D1GP PA canceled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is D1GP PA canceled?

I heard at Miami it was, and seeing on the site the next event is Chicago which isnt until August, is this offical now?

Originally posted by Mars View Post
    I heard at Miami it was, and seeing on the site the next event is Chicago which isnt until August, is this offical now?
    Oh, great, this is good news and bad. Good because it will now give me more time to work out "Hardslider's" nuances. Bad, because I just worked out a deal with a parts sponsor for it and 7/18 was supposed to be the debut drift date.

Ali, any conformation?

Comment

If this is true, i would like to see D1 drivers at FD vegas!

Deal??

Comment

I heard it was going to Summit Point, WV. haven't heard anything about that getting finalized though.

Comment

A press release will go out sometime next week regarding our venues, but I will address this issue. D1GP will not be held in PA. We wanted to go there and our plan was to go, but there were certain assurances made by this venue to us when we rented the facility that have now been made clear to us will not be honored. As a result, we opted to move the event and it will be moved to another nearby location of which will be disclosed in our press release sometime next week. We have rented Summit Point, but this would be for an event to take place after the to be named east coast event and right now is not slated to be part of the Championship Points Series. We will be coming back to the West Coast for a few events at the end of the year and those will also be announced soon as well. So the rest of the season without giving away too many details will look a little like this:

Round #3 - Soldier Field, Chicago, August 1st
          Round #4 - TBA East Coast venue
          Summit Point - TBA date and format
          Exhibition Event - West Coast
          Round #5 - TBA West Coast venue

Sorry we cannot give any more details at this time, but we are waiting on finalizing a few details and we are just days away from that.

In terms of D1 Drivers competing in FD Las Vegas it's not that simple. D1 drivers are booked almost every weekend of the year either with D1GP USA, D1 Japan and other specialty events and they are also contracted for demo's and judging support for D1 Street Legal series (at least the drivers we have competing on our series are) and on top of that all of these guys have day jobs. Besides.. the costs of flights, hotels, rental cars, transporting the cars (which will be on the East Coast then) would be cost prohibitive.

I would like to see the FD drivers go up against D1 drivers and it's not like we care if D1 drivers participated in FD. We would like to see that actually as it is promotion for D1, but it is a question of time and expense. It would be easier for the American drivers to compete in D1 because they are local and it is less cost prohibitive. Hopefully we can get something worked out in the future and get all of these drivers together.

Comment

sucks that you are adding events to you schedule and you can't even confirm dates or locations, and it's June. Many drivers already have their budget for the rest of the season spent down to the last penny, and sponsors are already building 2010 budgets because 2009 budgets have been accounted for since no later than March (many were done with their 2009 budget by December last year), so it's hard to add it. You pretty much limit the participation to locals who have next to no budget and can't compete with the top tier of drivers. But I'm sure that's not news to anyone...

seems to me at some point, you should stop trying to add events to your 2009 schedule and just try and lock things down for 2010 to try and target bigger and better events with more promotion further out instead of just more events in quantity this year.

Comment

booo hooo

Seriously bring the heat

come blazing into vegas... D1 rigs and all

show us the "worlds best"

US vs JP, real deal holyfield

driftordie

For serious though

D1gp has a big gap between then end of june and the end of august. OK, there is a D1sl event @ nikko that weekend. But not that many D1 pro guys compete in SL, and maybe 1 or 2 guess judges....

I think its feasible, send us Saito and kuma or Yoshioka.

They're will be cameras and lots of magazines!
              Last edited by Bebop; 06-03-2009, 11:17 PM.

Comment

God PLEASE let the 5th round be at irwindale. Something to seperate the men from the boys. Because speed and balls count for something at the house of drift.

Comment

Originally posted by golden eye View Post
                  God PLEASE let the 5th round be at irwindale. Something to seperate the men from the boys. Because speed and balls count for something at the house of drift.

They gotta go through FD to get a spot at irwindale.

Comment

id love to see road atlanta as a venue acutally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
                      id love to see road atlanta as a venue acutally.
                      see my last post

Comment

D1 needs to create their own trademark tracks and let it be different from FD. But a good event at California Speedway would be cool and totally within reason. But use the infield and set up a bunch of bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
                          D1 needs to create their own trademark tracks and let it be different from FD. But a good event at California Speedway would be cool and totally within reason. But use the infield and set up a bunch of bleachers.
                          *someone walks in and talks about the the event in 04 sucked*

I officially vote for the coliseum, but make it rad....not like anaheim.

Comment

I got some ideas how to make it really rad... but they would have to hire me and pay me as a consultant in order to find that out. If you knew what could be done... you would crap your pants and beg for it to happen plus they could really go big. I mean BIG.... Monster Truck big.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              They gotta go through FD to get a spot at irwindale.
                              Since when did FD buy Irwindale ???? god how i hate the ignorance on this forum !

Comment

Working...
                              X